Chapter 6

Jimmy

The limousine pulled up to the same place that he'd bought for Addison just after Death Ever After made it big. He walked into the huge entry way dropping his bags to the floor and sighed looking at all the new decor that he put in four years ago after destroying the inside of his house. After Addie had her baby, he ripped everything off the wall, threw it into a pile on the furniture in the middle of the front room, and burned it all.

There was nothing left. Anything that had reminded him of his baby girl, or anything that they had bought together, he destroyed in his drunken rage. But now he wondered that if they started talking again and she happened to see their old place, what would she think about everything being gone?

He had just taken a shower and was making himself a sandwich when he heard Nickels calling his name. Soon he walked into the kitchen with a grin on his face and a envelope in his hands. "Hey, Maria let me in. She said you let all the staff go home early today." Nickels asked going to the fridge to grab a water and then took a seat at the counter.

"I'm tired, and hungry." He stated putting some chips on his plate. "Besides, the A's are playing the Red Sox's tonight. I thought it would be nice to just relax." He told Nickels pulling out a soda and started to eat.

"So, Dax said he had a chat with you about Addie."

"Yeah, he did."

"You didn't say anything on the way home about it." Nickels pushed.

"Well that's because I didn't want to talk about it with you guys." He answered.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Does it matter if I say no?" He chuckled.

"No, not really." Nickels grinned. "Do you want to see Addie, I mean really? Over the years we've all known who the music was for, and about, but... what do you really think about seeing her again?"

Jimmy put the sandwich down and shook his head. "You know, this has been something I've been dreaming about for years now, but..."

"But what?"

"I don't want her to see me and hate my ass man. I mean, it was one thing to be fucked up dealing with the rejection, but stone cold sober... that would be rough." He sighed.

Nickels grabbed a handful of chips nodding as he ate. "She might not want to see you again, I don't think that's the case, but hell, anything's possible. She might just want to be friends, or you might end up having her falling for your ass, and you might want her back. Nobody knows anything for sure. But one thing for sure when it comes to the girls, they love us and we're a family. It's up to you if you're willing to see what happens next." He said putting the envelope on the counter and pushing it to him.

"You're such an ass. You didn't even want to give me a day?" He chuckled reaching out to the damn thing looking at it. There was no name on it, just a typical cheap ass white envelope, that was staring back at him. There was a part of him that didn't want to see what this guy had to say. Addie's new husband had seen him at his worst. "Do you know what it says inside?" He finally asked.

"I think I have an idea, but that's all. Jones told me that him, Howie, and Dax had a long talk with Win only a couple weeks before he passed. He was asking how you were doing, were you still clean, and how he thought you'd be with kids. You know, that kinda thing." Nickels shrugged.

"And how did that go for them?" He growled.

"They thought it went pretty damn good considering the circumstances of all the shit that's happened, and that was going on." He confessed, then chuckled. "I got to tell you, Addie is the hottest doctor out there man. Win was one lucky bastard."