Chapter 1 - Depressed

Hi! This is the first fan fiction I ever wrote!

I posted this story on fanfiction.net already as MiraculousLover2, but I'm also posting it here so that more people will enjoy it! 

Disclamer: I don't own this show. If I did, season 4 would've come out already, along with season 5.

Chat Noir looked as down as ever.

She couldn't understand him. Ever since they found out that Hawk Moth was Gabriel Agreste and defeated him, Chat Noir has been acting...

Weird.

First of all, he stopped being so cheerful. And she didn't really understand why. They have just defeated their first enemy, why was he so sad? They could finally live a normal life (well, until a new villain showed up). They could finally use their powers for more personal reasons. She would've thought that he would be delighted. But she couldn't have been more wrong.

Second of all, he stopped flirting with her. Completely. There was no more "M'lady" or "Bugaboo". Only "See you Ladybug". Even though she would never admit it, she kind of missed him saying that. It was so... unnatural. She was sure that he didn't stop flirting with her because he didn't like her. She knew it was because he had something else on his mind. But what?

Lastly, he stopped making puns. That's when she knew that there was definitely something wrong with him. Chat Noir, not making puns? Impossible. Inhuman. And in a way, sad.

Marinette hated, hated not being able to help him. Even if she couldn't do anything that would jeopardize her identity. But there was something more important. Adrien has been down too. She noticed it all the time. She couldn't blame him. His father was now in jail for his crimes, and Adrien was basically an orphan. The citizens of Paris didn't know that Gabriel Agreste was now considered a criminal. She and Chat Noir decided it was best if they didn't tell the Parisians who Hawk Moth really was, for his sake. A week ago Ladybug and Chat Noir announced to all of Paris that they have finally defeated Hawk Moth and that everybody's safe. Well, to be precise, Ladybug announced to all of Paris that she and Chat Noir had defeated Hawk Moth. Chat Noir was too sad to talk.

Marinette knew that Adrien couldn't tell them anything. She and Chat Noir both agreed that they had to inform Adrien, and Chat asked Ladybug to do the job. She came to his room one night and told him everything. He was shocked. It broke her heart to see him so sad, so afraid. Trying to make him feel better, she told him what his father's wish had been. "He was only trying to bring your mother back. He had good intentions." That did very little to ease Adrien. She also asked him not to talk to anyone about this, for his father's safety. "Well, you can tell Chat Noir; he already knows." She said. "But please, don't tell any of your friends Adrien. I'm counting on you." Then, not being able to look at his sad face anymore, she jumped out the window and swung away with her yoyo. She got home and cried for him. The poor kid didn't deserve this. He was going through so much already. She knew she had to help him. Unlike Alya and Nino, she didn't ask him why he was so down in the last week, and not only because she already knew. He might not be able to talk about it yet, and the last thing she wanted to do is make him feel uncomfortable.

As the days passed, she saw that Adrien was starting to feel better. She helped him as Marinette as much as she could, and even helped him as Ladybug when she got the chance. She noticed that even Alya and Nino helped him out, even though they didn't know why he was so sad.

Chat Noir, however, didn't look any better. She still wondered what was so serious that he was in a slump for more than a week. It made sense though. Unlike Adrien, Chat Noir didn't really have any friends as his alter ego, except for Ladybug. She was sure that he had many friends as himself, but as a secret superhero... she felt like she was the only one that really understood him.

All the sudden though, Marinette thought of a way to help Chat. But... it was so risky. And dangerous. She definitely wasn't ready, but she knew that he was. Not only had he been ready for this from day one, he also was really looking forward to it, she knew that.

Marinette signed. "Tikki, I've got to ask you a question."

"Sure Marinette, what's wrong?"

"Can me and Chat Noir... reveal our identities now?" she asked quietly.

"Uhhhh," Tikki didn't really know what to answer.

"I mean, we've fought together for more than a year. And now that we've defeated Hawk Moth, technically it's not as dangerous, is it?" Marinette looked up at her kwami.

"It's really your choice, and Chat Noir's," she added. "If you both feel ready, I'm not going to stop you, and now, Master Fu won't either." Tikki looked up at her holder expectedly. She knew that Marinette was really afraid about this, but she also knew that deep down, Marinette wanted just one person (besides her) that she can be completely honest with. And if it meant that she and Adrien would finally realize how idiodic they have both been, she was happy for them. As a matter of fact, Tikki was really looking forward to the reveal already, and she was sure that Plagg was too. There is a limit of how much Tikki can suffer listening to Marinette's feelings for Adrien and then calling Chat Noir "a great friend".

"Thanks for supporting me," Marinette's voice pulled her out of her thoughts. The small kwami jumped into Marinette's hands and gave her finger a big hug.

Marinette knew that she had to do this. Not for her, but for Chat Noir. So the next day, she came up with her master plan.

That's it! It's not anything special but it's a start. If you find a mistake or have a tip for me, please tell me because I would love to get feedback on my work! I will probably update this story every 3 days or something, depending on what's happening in my life. 

Bug out!