𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 - 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑘

Going to college meant staying in a dorm

Going to college meant staying in a dorm. At first, you really hoped to have a female roommate. Unfortunately, there were no more available rooms left and the remaining room was Room#82 which was occupied by a male student named Mark Lee.

So, here you were.

When you first moved in to the dorm room, Mark was obviously surprised at your presence. He never expected to have a roommate of the opposite sex and neither did you but nevertheless, he welcomed you to the room.

Since then, the two of you quickly grew closer especially because of his friendly personality. He made sure to respect your privacy and gave you space when you needed it, he's literally the best person you've ever met.

No wonder he had so many fangirls at school and to be fully honest, it made you a little possessive but mostly just protective of him. Everyone had a crush on him including you, but you decided not to be serious about it.

Some days he'd bring his friends over and like the men they were, you couldn't escape their teasing questions about Mark to you. You'd simply excuse yourself from them and go to your room to do your assignments.

Some days also, you'd invite your best friend over for projects or gossips. Mark, as expected, leaves you guys alone and waits patiently in his room. This happened a few times now, but it didn't really matter to the both of you.

Until one day, you didn't expect to bring a male classmate over to the dorm for a newly assigned project. You didn't even have time to ask Mark ahead, as it was too sudden. You led your classmate to your room and the two of you sat down beside each other.

"So, San..."

-

You and San were too focused on the project that you didn't hear the main door open and a voice call out for you. Hearing no response from you, Mark started looking around the dorm.

He opened your door and smiled, "Um, y/n-" He was happy that he found you, but his face quickly fell when he saw you alone with a male inside your room.

"Oh, Mark. When did you arrive?" You asked him.

"I...just arrived, I even called your name. Sorry to disturb you guys, I'll just leave." Mark replied, before leaving your room and closing the door behind him.

Once the door was closed, San turned to you with a teasing smirk on his handsome face. "Boyfriend?"

You scoffed sarcastically, "Pfft, no. He's my roommate, stop."

"Hmm, okay." San shrugged and focused back to the project.

After another 30 mins. of it, both of you finally finished and you hugged him tightly. You felt relieved and very grateful to have a hardworking and helpful partner like San. It was time for him to go, so he bid you 'goodbye' and left the dorm as you waved back.

When the door closed, you turned around to find your roommate sitting on the couch. He didn't hug you like usual and it made you confused as to why he didn't do it to you today. You walked up to him and sat beside him.

"You okay, Mark?"

"I was." He replied in an emotionless tone and it made you feel weird.

"Was? Past tense?" You asked and he just hummed in response.

Then, it became silent. It was a tense silence and you didn't like it for sure. You faced him now completely and hit his arm lightly, catching his attention.

"Tell me, Mark." You insisted, so he sighed deeply.

"Aish," He exclaimed, turning to you. "Why didn't you tell me you were bringing a guy over?" Mark's face showed a mixture of anger and worry.

"I'm sorry, it was unexpected so I wasn't able to inform you beforehand."

He looked at you disappointingly, "So, you just let him in the dorm? Were you not thinking of what he could possibly do to you? y/n, he's a guy. Anything could've happened, you know. Fortunately, he was kind."

He looked away after saying those. You blinked your eyes repeatedly, it was the first time you've ever seen or heard him this worried about a visitor. It was new to you and you were quite in a shock.

"Mark..." You trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"I was worried, okay? I just don't want anything to happen to you" He continued.

Mark heard no response from you, but he suddenly felt your arms pulling him in a warm embrace which made him a little flustered.

"Thank you, Mark. I won't do it again next time, I promise." You promised him, then he wrapped his arms around you.

"Yeah, never bring guys over again. You should only be spending time with me."

You chuckled at his words, thinking that it was just one of his jokes. But seeing no sign of playfulness on his face, you suddenly lost your voice.

Mark knew you were questioning his words, so he replied to your question before you could even ask him. "Yes, it means exactly what I said and yes, I like you."

Oh? You weren't expecting him to say the second one, as it wasn't one of the questions you had on your mind. But you knew, he meant it and your heart beat crazily.

"Huh? I didn't ask if you like me, though?" You questioned.

Mark acted surprised at you and just shrugged afterwards, "Oh well, I guess you have to deal with it."

Since when was my roommate this confident? He didn't even wait for my response, he just confessed like that.

-

You arrived home from school a bit late and when you entered the dorm, you found your roommate in a sleeveless top sitting on the couch. Why does he have to look this good in front of me? You placed your bag down and sat beside him, stretching your tired body.

"Sleeveless all of a sudden?" You asked jokingly and he replied with a chuckle.

"Get used to it, I'm trying to impress you."

"But I'm already impressed just by seeing you everyday." You weren't even sure why you said that.

Mark's eyes widened at your sweet words and he couldn't help but give a peck on your lips. "You're so cute." He said, while pinching your cheek.

He always calls me 'cute', but why does it feel so special this time?

_______

eh, whatever. school is so ugh, I can't even y'all. but I love all the nct ot23 interactions so it's alright.

dennise