𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 - 𝑗𝑒𝑛𝑜

"Are you really going?" Jeno asked for the third time today

"Yes, Jeno. My parents already bought the tickets." You replied, caressing his hair while he hugged you.

He whined, "But, I don't want you to go. I'll be lonely without you."

You held his cheeks with both your hands and brought his face up to look at you. You could see the sadness in his eyes and you placed a kiss on his lips.

"I know how you feel, but we can't do anything about it."

Jeno sulked and held you as close as he could, he didn't want to let go because he's afraid you'll slip away from him again. The last time you left him for 3 months because of a family vacation, he missed you like crazy.

He needed your presence.

Your parents had planned to send you to your hometown to study for you to get the job you wanted to pursue, since the university there was better. You told Jeno about it and his first reaction was to deny the sudden news.

He thought that one year without you would be too long for him to handle. However, he knew that he couldn't do anything to stop it. That's why he gave you all his attention and enjoyed the rest of the day, savoring the moment before you leave the next day.

"Let's just stay like this."

-

The next day, Jeno and your parents dropped you off at the train station before letting you off. You and your parents shared a big warm embrace, telling you many worrying and also reassuring words.

"Stay safe, okay? Don't forget to eat healthy and call us often." Your mom reminded you.

You nodded, "Yes, mom. I won't forget everything you told me."

After that, you turned to your boyfriend who was fighting the urge to tear up at your departure. He already missed you. You pouted and went closer to him, hugging him one last time.

"Hey, I'll be fine. I'll come back as soon as possible and I'll call you when I have time."

Jeno rested his head on your shoulder and asked, "What am I supposed to do while you're gone?"

"What do you usually do when I'm gone?"

"Wait for you to come back."

Your heart melted when he said that, you felt special because of him. Jeno was always the patient one, since he knew that you'll eventually come back.

He believed that you won't leave him.

"Then, wait for me in a year. Can you do that for me?" You asked him softly and he nodded in response.

You placed a kiss on top of his forehead, but he suddenly brought his lips to yours for a goodbye kiss.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you, too." You replied.

-

Within the year, you would often call him when you had the time and you spent every second well while it lasted. A year later, you finally finished university and was now able to apply for the job you wanted since you already had the needed requirements.

Jeno faithfully waited for you, if only you knew how much effort he placed. How much he stopped himself from doubting you, from doubting himself, from doubting the relationship. He didn't let time and distance get to him and just give up. No, he stayed loyal.

He supported your studies, while he went to school as well. He prioritized your future and happiness before his own, that was what's important to him. He had so much trust in you, so he had no reason to give up that easily.

Because of that, you were able to achieve so much. You were now heading back home and you planned to surprise your boyfriend. You had called your parents beforehand to invite Jeno at home for a little 'dinner', since it was part of your plan.

You told your parents that you already arrived home and so, you knocked on the door. Your mom asked Jeno to open it and he immediately complied. As you heard footsteps coming closer, your heart beat fast in excitement.

Jeno opened the door and he froze in place, a smile slowly forming on his face. He couldn't believe that you were actually standing in front of him now.

You smiled at him and said excitedly, "I'm back!"

Instead of replying, he hugged you tightly. You rubbed his back to comfort him and kissed his cheek.

"I missed you so much, y/n." He spoke softly, trying not to let out a sob.

"I missed you too, Jeno."

The two of you stayed like that, before heading inside the house. Jeno sat on the couch and told you to sit beside him, so you did. He cuddled against you, enjoying the feeling of finally having you in his arms again.

"What did you do while I was gone?" You questioned.

He looked at you in disbelief, "I told you, I was waiting for you to come back."

"You didn't meet other girls behind my back, did you?" You teased him, but you knew very well that he wouldn't do such a thing.

"Aish, you know I wouldn't do that to you. You're the only one for me."

"So, you did wait."

He rested his head on your shoulder, "I'd wait for you no matter what, time won't stop me from loving you."

Nothing is better than loving you.

_______

I seriously don't know what to do these days.

stay safe!

dennise