𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩 - 𝑗𝑎𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛

"How many times do I have to remind you? I don't need a boyfriend, stop bothering me

"How many times do I have to remind you? I don't need a boyfriend, stop bothering me."

Not sparing your best friend a glance, you focused back on the document you were working on for a school project. You were currently in your bedroom, being the hardworking student that you are, while your best friend, Na Jaemin, sat comfortably on your bed.

"But, why not? You're literally one of the 'campus crushes', I don't understand why you wouldn't settle for any of them." He gave you a confused look, seeking for an answer.

You let out a deep sigh, stretched your tired arms upwards and adjusted your glasses, never looking at his direction. You focused back on the laptop screen in front of you, wanting to finish the project as soon as possible.

For the 7th time tonight, your phone dinged indicating that someone had sent you a message. As per usual, you knew the intentions behind those messages and you decided not to acknowledge them for now. Jaemin, on the other hand, wanted to interfere with your nonexistent 'lovelife'.

All of a sudden, you see your laptop being closed by him and you swore, you felt just a little bit triggered. "Hey, stop ignoring their messages. Don't you feel bad for Jeno and Chenle? They've been waiting for a response since like..." He looked at the clock on your desk. "...an hour ago."

"Nana," You took a deep breath and turned to face him, "Do you think I'd choose to waste my time trying to sugarcoat my way out of their conservations than finishing my project that is due the day after tomorrow? No. Now let me finish this, I'm almost done anyways."

He clicked his tongue disappointedly as you grabbed your laptop out from his hands, opened it and immediately started typing again. Jaemin didn't know what to do nor how to convince you, but he knew for sure that he just wanted to be of good help.

"You're overworking yourself again, take a break from time to time."

"The earlier I finish, the more free time I get."

Jaemin realized that nothing would ever change your mind, but trying a little harder won't hurt.

-

It was just another day of Na Jaemin convincing you to give either Lee Jeno or Zhong Chenle a chance to experience a romantic life with you, nothing new really. Those two names that you were very much familiar with, those two who always shoot their shot whenever they can, but you're either too dense to notice or you just don't care at all. You boringly stared at your best friend as he continued to explain, you yawning in the middle of the conversation.