.《 2 》

amirah & i hopped in my slick black escalade & made our way up to the party.

atlanta night life was sum diff. it was beautiful. the cool breeze, carried along the sound of people laughing, children playing, & old folks reminiscing. the air was crisp & warm.

' i look good ? ' amirah was fixated on her dress, messing around with it so that it fit a certain way. i came to a red light & look at her as if she was crazy.
' wtf you mean ' do you look good ? ' . you look bomb ! ' she smiled & hugged me. ' thannk youuu boo, always boosting my ego. ' we both laughed knowing how true that statement was.
' but fr stop that shit, you look perfect & if a nigga can't see that he obviously in need of prescription glasses love. ' she laughed loudly & put her hand on the dashboard. ' i needed to hear that . '

after that, we pulled up to an in-n-out drive thru & ordered sum food. we turnt up to ,
' megantheestallion's ' girls in the hood. ' & vaccumed up all our food.

as we chitchatted, i pulled up to ole dumb ass trey's driveway & parked in a decent spot.

trey is in a simpler way to put it , a stupid ass cum sock. he cheated on amriah multiple times, always had hoes, & has a dry personality. i've always wanted to smack him across his egg shaped ass head, but amirah always prevented me from doing so.

we both hopped out the car & made our way to the front door. there were groups of people chillin, drinkin, & smokin on the lawn. amirah fluffled her afro & turned the knob. a giant cloud of smoke emanated out the house & wafted in the midnight air. i heard mothafuckas coughing, some slurring their words, & sum onna dance floor.

amirah turned towards me, ' imma go get sum drinks. '
i could barely hear what she was saying over the loud speakers playin which was playin ' get back ' by - 🕊 pop smoke. she then pointed to the kitchen. i nodded & made my way to a secluded corner. i peeped amirah in the kitchen huggin all up on .. trey. i rolled my eyes while i  ducked, dodged, & weaved my way thru the crowd of people. trey saw me coming & his smile instantly ceased.

' whatddup saint. '
i gently bucked my head at him & grabbed a red plastic cup. i filled it with water & scooted toward amirah.

amirah gave me a sympathetic look. ' saint i promise you he's changed. ' i rolled my eyes & sipped from my cup. as i looked around, i felt someone's eyes on me & i began to scan the room.

the first thing i noticed was his lips. plump, full, intriguing. his eyes shone bright in the poorly lit room. he continued to stare at me as he smoked his blunt. allowing the smoke to cascade up to his lips & nose.

' ou. ' i thought. i continued to scan him until i felt a pair of fingers poking my side.

' saint, wtf is that in yo cup ? fill that up wit sum real shit. ' i looked at her and laughed. she snatched my cup, poured out the contents & grabbed a bottle of ciroc. i grabbed her wrist. ' i gotta be the one to drive & to keep a damn eye on you. ' she sucked her teeth. ' keep an eye on me ? i ain't 6 okay. now you finna loosen up & let me take care of myself. '

she poured the ciroc in the cup & passed it to me.

she came close to my ear, ' i'll be on tha dance floor if you need me. '

i nodded & soon enough she swiftly moved past the crowd & silently made her way to the living room.

i felt very uncomfortable for the fact that #1 - this wasn't my type of scene. i never really thoroughly enjoyed being in big loud crowds. i was more reserved.

#2 - i knew no one here. i understand that amirah needed her time & it was completely understandable, but i just needed at least one person to comfortably talk to. i set the cup of ciroc down & went out the back door.

the air was chill & calming. all there was to hear was the low chatter of people talkin outside & the low boom of the party inside.

i took out my own blunt i had already pre-rolled & started to light it. i pressed down several times, with the flame being too tiny & going out so quickly that the blunt wouldn't light. as i continued to try & get it to work, i heard the squeal of the back door open & footsteps approaching me from the back.

' need help ? '