Chapter Eight

Well that was embarrassing. I ran away. Just like that I just ran. I'm kinda glad he didn't follow though cause that would have made me freak out more. I climbed into Eve's car. She had stayed after school for some theater rehearsal and I told her I'd meet up when I was done.

"Finally!" She scolded teasingly and I looked over at her. She raises a questioning eyebrow. "What's up? You look like you've seen a ghost." She said with a chuckle.

"No...just, a boy." I said, my cheeks turning red again. I could see her lips turn into a grin and she reached over, gently shoving me.

"Awe! My little brother has a crush!" My sister teased cheerfully. It only made my cheeks get hotter and I buries my head in my hands in embarrassment.

"Stop it.." I barely breathed out. I was going speechless again and my head was swirling. How could would guy, one obnoxiously handsome guy, do this to me? Make me all like puddy and gooey. It was crazy.

She didn't stop though and the entire car ride home she was pressing for information about who this boy I liked was. I ignored her and she eventually dropped the subject. When I got home I went straight to writing.

November 22, 2010 6:12 pm
Aiden. His name is Aiden. That new transfer kid, the one I called gorgeous. Yeah that's his name. Has a ring to it. He was so nice to me, and...I ran away from him. I'm such an idiot. I shouldn't have run but else was I going to do? I got nervous so I did what I thought was logical at the time. He might like me. Might. Ah who am I kidding? The guys probably put him up to it. Probably told him "him hey, act like a fag so we can crush his heart". Yeah that's probably what happened. But I can hope right? Hope that this Aiden guy actually likes me. It's be a miracle. Actually if that happened I would feel as though all my dreams would come true.

I finished the entry like that realizing how true those words were. I would feel a hundred times better if someone actually liked me. Loved me, like how my sister's relationship is. I sighed softly and all I could think about was Aiden that night.

That might sound kind of creepy but I couldn't help it, no one had ever treated me like that. Well no guy. Least of all one like him. This suddenly have me the brilliant idea a stupid but brilliant idea. Secret admirer. See if he could even actually like me.

Aiden,

I've seen you around school, and well might I say you look handsome. You're funny. You're cool. You've got this great smile. Man it just melts my heart. Perhaps you'd like to meet up? Outside of school? There's the really nice park just off of Lincoln Street. More of a nature trail really but it's nice. How about tomorrow at four? Hope to see you there.

-Your Secret Admirer

Damn. I kind of felt weird for writing my feelings for someone else to see. I shivered, just thinking about how he might react when he read it. So the next morning I had Eve bring me to school early and I stuck it in his locker, after asking the office lady which locker was his, then waited in the commons, my face redder than a tomato.