24

"Cai, Cai, Cai! Teka lang," kinakabahan kong sabi at saka hinila ang sleeves ng polo niya kaya nahinto siya sa paglalakad.

Papasok na kami sa restaurant kung saan magaganap iyong dinner. Buti na nga lang at hindi ako naka-uniform. I'm just wearing a white halter top with my black jeans and my white sneakers. I have my small bag with me, too and my hair is in a ponytail.

"Hey," tawag niya at pinunasan ang mga butil ng pawis sa noo ko. "Don't be nervous. My mom don't bite."

"You think she'll like me?" I asked nervously and a little bit hopeful.

"Does it matter?"

"Of course! She's your mother! Her thoughts are important to me!"

"You know, ever since my Dad died, Mom became more... uhm... distanced," he explained, trying to find the right words. "Hindi na masyadong nakikihalubilo sa mga tao... pwera na lang sa mga pasiyente niya syempre. But she's nice. I'm sure she'll like you," he tried to console me.

"What if she doesn't?"

"I don't care," he shrugged. "I'm the one who's in the relationship, not my mom. Please, don't get me wrong. I love my mom but I don't want her to meddle with my love life."

"What if she told you to break up with me? Because she... thinks I wasn't good enough for you? What will you do?" I asked again.

His brows furrowed a little but still answered. "That wasn't for her to decide," he held my chin and made me look up at him. "Why are you asking this? We won't go there. And even if we do, I won't give you up, okay?"

Nag-init ang pisngi ko at nakaramdam ng hindi malaman kung ano sa sistema. Hindi ko rin ako alam kung dahil ba sa mga sinabi niya o dahil sa mukha niyang sobrang lapit saakin.

"Okay..." sabi ko na lang.

Nang tuluyan na kaming pumasok sa loob ng isang Italian restaurant ay inilibot agad ni Cai ang tingin niya at bahagyang kumunot ang noo. Lumapit ang isang waiter sakanya.

"Sir Caius Javier?" The guy asked.

"Yes."

"Mrs. Javier is waiting for you, Sir. Please follow me," the guy started to advance. Caius and I tailed him from behind leading us to a VIP room.

The moment I walked in, I saw a woman on her late forties or maybe early fifties, seated in a round table, sipping her wine. She looked up when we went in. Caius held my hand and guided me towards the table. He pulled the chair for me so I could sit and that's really awkward! His mom was watching us!

Before he sat down, he went to his mom and gave her a kiss on the cheeks. I saw how his mom smiled because of Cai's sweet small actions. His mom looks very elegant! Her aura was intimidating for me. She looks too young and gorgeous for her age. She reminded me of Mommy. Caius sat beside me after greeting his mom.

"I already ordered for us. Do you eat pasta?" Nagulat ako ng tumingin siya saakin. Is she talking to me?

"U-Uhm... yes, po," I stuttered.

"I haven't introduce her yet. Mom, this is Jeicah Ada Mortell, my girlfriend. Jei, Mama ko." Si Caius.

"Hello po," nahihiya akong ngumiti.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine, po."

"I heard same year kayo ni Cai. Ano'ng course mo?" Bakit tunog nakakatakot siya?! Parang gusto ko na lang maiyak!

"A-Architecture po,"

She nodded slowly. "What does your family do--"

"Mom, let's eat first," Caius cut her off. Medyo sumeryoso ang paligid nang bigla na lang nagseryoso si Caius. May problema ba?