Chapter 20~ How to

heaven knows how long it took me to write this chapter but here y'all go. Also please let's ignore and forgive the fact that I've not updated in months, I'm back now

listen to 'no love for the lonely' by Ariana and Ed Sheeran, loves

im exhausted and basically sleep deprived at this point but proceed, guys.

I HAD JUST COMPLETED THE first rounds of remedial tests by Professor Smith. The whole thing had spanned the whole week and I had to admit, they were all a piece of cake all thanks to Jake's notes.

Speaking of my blind teacher. I hadn't seen him all week long, between tests, classes and assignments, I had been too busy to show up. He had given me the test week off anyways.

Naturally, I had been to his office immediately after my final tests today only to discover he had gone home early. As you might assume, I went after him and was now currently standing outside his door knocking rapidly.

I really should stay away.

This wasn't normal anymore.

But even I knew it was of little or no use trying to ignore this draw I had to him, the harder I fought, the more drawn in I was. Mel's case, two weeks ago had been more than enough proof, what the heck was going on?

This stupid crush was so shameful, I couldn't even tell either Car or James about it. I could picture their shocks already and it made me turn red and heat up whenever it came to mind.

Relax. I knocked again, wondering what was taking Bertram so long. It was unusual of him to take so long to answer the door. We still had that animosity thing going on very strongly but he never really expressed his opinions because Jake had made it clear that I was allowed in his house.

I knocked again, pressing a hand the doorbell and hearing the faint chime of it. Perhaps they weren't home? I pulled my phone out of my back pocket, contemplating on calling Bertram. The Jaguar was parked outside, he couldn't be away.

My head was bent, fingers in the act of dialling when the door creaked open and I found myself staring into one of the most beautiful pools of eyes I had ever seen. Bright greens that could best be put as jades stared dully into my plain browns as I tore my eyes off the orbs to actually notice the man.

He was taller than me, which was saying something with thick, dark brown hair that stood untidily and blended perfectly with his equally untidy beard. His eyes had dark circles round them, like he badly needed sleep and I noticed the black round-neck shirt he had on exposed his forearms which were covered with the exact same tattoos that graced Jake's arms. Only his looked even deeper and darker, if that was even possible. The red pyjama bottoms he had on was odd, considering it was just late afternoon.