Chapter 16~ For you

dedicated to santablue . You're amazing

idk why but I picture Julie as a little bit taller and white version of Zendaya :) share your thoughts too?

I wrote this without ice-cream so proceed with more caution than the usual amount because idek know what's going on with my life lately. Lucky I can live vicariously through the characters in my head.

I've rambled enough, proceed and do click that star to make me smile that silly, wide grin.

I MET PROFESSOR SYKES ON the phone today which was unusual. I dropped my cross bag on the wooden table that now held the half completed works of the students that most likely just finished with him. I reached out to hold a wood carving of a knife with intricate details and marveled at the beauty of it.

If the blind man that was currently sitting in his usual position on the floor noticed my presence, he didn't acknowledge it as he quietly listened to the person on the line. He was dressed in a red plaid shirt and dark brown jeans, which gave him the appearance that he was younger than his age. I once told him that he could pass off as one of the final year students here and he had snorted in reply. I continued to feel the wooden knife, eyes on the man on the floor. He had his eyes covered by the shades and hair packed in a short man-bun, he refused to cut that hair and whenever he released it, it took ever fiber of my being not to try to touch it.

He finally spoke to whoever it was, voice solemn. "And you say Lance has gone totally off the radar? Is that what Malory said?"

I settled down right in front of him, seeing the frown lines etched into his face. He wasn't the type to frown or be moody, I didn't like that at all.

"I don't know what else to say at this point," he admitted to the person with an empathetic sigh. "No, don't say that, it'll be fine. Yeah, I'll see you then, I guess."

He dropped the phone and I unconsciously reached out to touch his hands, my fingers rubbing the ridges on the back of his fingers soothingly.

"Julie," he sighed, closing his other hand over my hands to stop the motion. The way he always said my name never failed to make me smile and I did just now. "You can't do that, you know that."

"I don't know anything." His hands were still closed down on mine. "Why are you all moody anyways?"

"I'm not moody, Julie." I studied his thin, pink lips move, his voice as charming as ever. "You're just late, why are you even always late for this class? It's like you always choose to annoy me with it."

"That's a lie, I was early on Monday. I met those dudes you were talking to here. Remember you told me to stop disturbing them?" I usually met other students like me here and quite often when I was in the mood to, I socialized with them.