Chapter 12~ Is

dedicated to BanzyGuy. Thank you so much, love

I wrote this through a splitting headache but here it is. Enjoy XD

listen to 'Photographs' by Ed Sheeran📌

MY PHONE CONTINUED TO BEEP continuously, lighting up with messages and missed calls which I just stared at, unmoving and unwilling to pick it. Have you ever felt like you're sinking and no one could pull you, no matter how hard they tried? It felt like that every year on my parent's death anniversary.

Sometimes, it reminded me that even though our aunt and uncle didn't let us realize it but May and I were still orphans. I looked down, the height was scary at first but after sitting still on this edge for hours now, I had gotten accustomed to sitting on the ledge on the bridge.

I sighed softly, the wind blowing my hair into my face. I actually came up here to stare at the stars, it was quieter up here and you could practically see the whole city from here. Bright beams of light lit up the darkness, the brightest being the PCA purple neon sign, it was visible even from here.

Staring at the lights always made me happy, I had been like that from when I was just a toddler. May used to say that mom was always trying to get me from trying to touch lights. The memories of my parents felt vague, when I tried to picture my mother, May's face was always there.

I really should call May. We've never actually celebrated it without each other.

I could picture her standing over their graves, eyes big with tears. I felt like their deaths affected her more than me sometimes, maybe because she was older.

"Mom, Dad," I said, aloud to the night. "I'm sorry I couldn't come." It was no use talking to myself buy I felt like it was the thought that counted.

My phone beeped yet again, another text from James lit up the screen. He had been calling me all day, I had left the house at the crack of dawn and now it was almost midnight, he knew what today was too.

English Boy: Jules, baby, c'mon pick the phone.

I tore my eyes off the phone to stare back at the lights. Eventually someone would come question the teenager sitting with her legs dangling over the bridge. This bridge was mainly a pedestrian's walk and the few people that had walked past had just given me odd looks. The bridge was mainly used by lovers that wanted some form of privacy and a nice view of the night's sky and busy city traffic below.

I swung my feet back, landing on the main ground and saw my phone light up once again, another text coming in.

Lani: Been trying to call you all day. James told me, I'm worried too. We're out looking for you. You know it's not safe to wander at night these days.