Prologue

"Pinch me," Y/N said, turning her head to the man sitting in the driver's seat of the dark blue sports car.

"Why would I pinch you babe?" Taehyung asked, a smile on his face.

"Because," Y/N said. "I can't believe this is happening." She looked down at the diamond ring on her left hand.

Taehyung smiled at her, his dark blond hair falling over his forehead. He reached over and took her hand, kissing her fingers. "Believe it babe. We're getting married!" he said.

Y/N looked down at the ring again. She had always pictured what she wanted her proposal to be. Taehyung had made that happen in every way. He had made reservations at a restaurant they would visit on special occasions. Afterward, he took her for a walk on the beach to watch the sunset.

As the sun sank below the sea, Taehyung had turned to her, dropping to one knee and pulling a dark blue velvet box out of his pocket. He confessed his heart and soul to her, finishing with the three words that made her heart skip, "Marry me, Y/N."

Y/N was speechless for a moment before frantically nodding her head and letting the tears she had been holding back flow down her cheeks. Taehyung had placed the beautiful ring on her finger, then pulled her into his arms for a kiss. It was everything she had dreamed of and even more. Things couldn't have been more perfect.

Taehyung stopped at the intersection when the light turned red. He turned his head to the side to see the love of his life. She was always beautiful to him, but this evening, with the setting sun behind her and the soft breeze blowing her hair, Taehyung had never seen her look more beautiful.

Y/N watched him pull forward into the intersection as the light turned green. She was so caught up watching his handsome face, she didn't notice the car coming from the right. Y/N reached out to take his hand when a blinding pain hit her, then the blackness overtook her.