26: star festival

A couple weeks later after the mission, Y/n found herself visiting Captain Fuegoleon. She brought a bouquet of flowers out of kindness (despite Hoshi's complaint they were pointless) and made her way to the treatment center in the Capital. With the magic stone safely in the possession of the wizard king, there was less of a worry about the Eye of the Midnight sun. After all, the wizard king was supposed to be the strongest mage there was. However, the other captains were still uneasy, because they were still unsure what the Midnight Sun's motive was and why they needed the stones.

Y/n arrived at Fuegoleon's room. She waited a few minutes outside for the doctors to give her the ok to enter. To her surprise, when she entered, another orange haired person was standing in front of the bed. They were too tall to be Leopold, so for a split second, Y/n was excited at the though of Fuegoleon regaining consciousness. But the person turned and she realized it was a woman. Around her shoulders was the Crimson Lions robe.

The woman looked back at Y/n as she entered the room. Her icy blue eyes made the girl flinch in fear.

"Who the hell are you? How'd you get to these quarters?" She asked harshly.

"M-my name is Y/n. I-Im a member of the Crimson Lions. I-I wanted to check on the captain." The woman's fierce gaze made Y/n feel small. It was like she was a lioness ready to cut down her prey. She stared for a moment before turning back to the bedridden male. After seeing that the unknown woman wasn't going to kick her out, Y/n hesitantly approached the bed and put the flowers on the dresser.

"Is he doing all right?" The h/c-ette asked meekly.

"They don't know when he'll wake up," the orange haired woman said with a sigh. She folded her arms across her chest; the new stance made her look even more intimidating. "They've done all they can to heal his wounds."

"I see..." there was a brief awkward silence. "Um... who are you?" Y/n shrunk back at her harsh glare. "I-I mean that in no offensive way! Y-you just have the squad robe and I've n-never seen you around before."

"Tch, my brothers really didn't fill you newbies in on anything," the woman scowled.

"Bro-thers?" Y/n then realized the uncanny resemblance she had to Fuegoleon and Leopold. The unruly orange hair like a lion's mane. The fierce aura that came with a royal's magic. Her presence was commanding like the captain's. "You're Captain's sister?" The girl questioned.

"You're not as dumb as you look." Smirked Fuegoleon's sister. "My name is Mereoleona Vermillion. I'm filling in as captain while my lousy brother is taking a nap."

Y/n stared blankly at the woman. "Ehhh???"

★★☾★★

Yuno waited patiently in the middle of the town square for his girlfriend. The whole capital had basically been transformed into a festival with food stalls, games and lights for the annual Star Festival. The festival commemorated the work of the royal knights and tallied up their awarded stars from the Wizard King.

Working up the courage, Yuno had asked Y/n out on an official date to join him at the festival. He didn't know why he was so scared to ask her, cause she said yes regardless. Maybe because after their latest mission, the two had accept and face some uneasy topics, but talking about it and acknowledging the unspoken problems made their relationship stronger. Yuno supposed he was still just anxious because their relationship dynamic was somewhat different now. The words boyfriend and girlfriend were still foreign to him.

"Maybe I should've brought her flowers..." Yuno mumbled, beginning to pace around.

"Hey Yuno!" Y/n called startling him. She ran up slightly out of breath. "Sorry I'm late. We had a meeting with our new captain." The female sweatdropped imaging the scolding that they all got from the fiery woman.