My Mate Pt. 2 (SA)

Y/n POV

"Hey beautiful!" A voice called out.

Sana and I turned around to see a tall man smiling at us. I tilted my head at him as he approached us.

'Was he talking to you or me?' Sana questioned using mind link.

'I'm not sure.'

Sana and I were walking down a sidewalk along side a pretty busy road. The man grinned and looked straight at Sana. I lowly growled as the man was obviously ogling my mate.

Sana noticed me growling and lightly elbowed me. She smiled at the man as he was right in front of us now, "Hello."

"Hi," He chuckled, "I was wondering if I could have your number?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms. Sana eyed me nervously as if I was going to pounce and murder him for saying that. To be honest, I'm definitely thinking about it.

She scratched her neck, "Is there any particular reason why?"

"To get to know you, of course," He gently smiled down at her.

He seems pretty nice and from his posture and tone, he doesn't seem to be lying. Sana looked at me, almost asking me if she can. I frowned and cocked my eyebrow at her.

'You don't need to ask me permission to give away your number to someone. I trust your judgement.'

Even though I said this via mind link, I was hoping she wouldn't give him her number.

Sana smiled at the man and said, "Give me your phone?"

"...My phone?" He questioned in confusion.

"Yeah," Sana confirmed.

He hesitantly placed his phone in her hand and watched what she was doing. Sana typed out something into his phone and gave it back to him.

"There. Now you have my number," She grinned, "Sorry to cut this short but we need to go."

Sana started tugging me away from the man without waiting for his response. When we were some distance away, she stopped and said, "I gave him your number instead."

"What? Why?" I frowned.

"I don't know. I have a bad feeling about that guy," She lightly shivered.

"So you gave him my number?" I teased, "It's so nice that you care about my well-being."

"But you're strong!" She muttered, "You're the alpha in this relationship. I know you didn't want me to give him my number so I gave him yours."

"Why didn't you just give him a fake or random number?" I stared at her.

She froze almost like she just realized that she could've done that. She facepalmed and groaned, "I forgot that was an option."

"You also could've said no," I held her chin softly and tucked some stray hairs behind her ear.

"What if he attacked me if I said no?" She pouted.

I chuckled, "He wouldn't be able to lay a finger on you without me beating the crap out of him."

Sana sighed and kissed my cheek, "It's cute how protective you are."

"Hey. It's my job as your mate and friend to protect you," I chuckled as I pulled her along to keep walking.

We eventually reached the café and went inside. We sat down in a booth and ordered some drinks when my phone buzzed. I checked it and saw a message from an unknown number.