The Bid (MM)

The smell of expensive perfume and cigar filled my nostrils as I walked into a huge mansion. The peacock mask on my face felt uncomfortable as I adjusted it. I wanted to rip it off but there is but one rule. You cannot take off your mask.

Many more people nodded their heads to me in greeting as I confidently walked to the main room.

There was a fancy golden chandelier covered with diamonds above the room.

Ugh. I hate going to these things.

A stupid auction for powerful figures to purchase something from the black market. I only came because one of my members told me there was something they were selling that would catch my eye.

I impatiently tapped my foot, waiting for the auction to start so I could head home.

"Hi," A voice greeted.

My gaze quickly snapped towards the person who decided to speak with me. It was obviously a woman. She was short yet seemed to demand such a presence. Her words were rich yet cold.

She was quite possibly another mafia boss such as myself.

I nodded my head, "Hello."

Even though a swan mask covered her face, I could tell she was narrowing her eyes.

"I have a feeling I know who you are," She acknowledged.

I crossed my arms, "And who would that be?"

"Kim Jennie?" She whispered.

Chuckling, I shook my head, "Afraid not."

Jennie was also a mafia boss. The only difference between her and I was the level of dangerous we were. I am one of the most respected bosses out here.

People fear me more because I have quite a temper. It's not short but if someone fucks with me, you best believe something will happen to them. My presence alone would cause many people to run in the opposite direction in fear of getting on my bad side.

Despite my temper, I am both understanding and have more empathy than most bosses. As weird as it sounds. I'm more easy on my subjects than most people believe.

The lady in front of me looked at me wearily, "I'm guessing even if I do get your name right, you wouldn't tell me if I was correct."

Smirking, my voice dropped down into a husky whisper, "How about I make it easy for you, darling?"

She seemed startled as I pinned her against the wall. I leaned into her ear and ever so slightly nipped it, "The name is L/n Y/n."

I felt her tense up immediately at the sound of my name. I pulled away from her and noticed she was breathing heavily. Did I work her up that much?

I watched as she desperately tried to keep herself together. She cleared her throat and kept a bit of distance between us. I decided to act hurt, "Not gonna tell me your name, darling?"

"B-Bae," She squeaked out before clearing her throat to sound more authorative, "Bae Joohyun."

My eyes widened in surprise.

The Bae Joohyun? Or better known as Irene.

She was one of the most respected mafia bosses as well, maybe just a tiny step below me. If she was such a big figure, why does she seem so shy?

I heard stories about how she would make men shiver in her presence. How she can easily ignore someone and make them want to die in their shame. How rough yet soft she was to her members.