Chapter 14: Skinship

The humming wind at the rooftop feels refreshing and comforting

The humming wind at the rooftop feels refreshing and comforting. Paired with the blazing heat of the sun though, the breeze is still not enough. That's why Oikawa Tooru chose to lay under the shade and enjoy the wind there. Since his companion is running late, he fell asleep.

Perhaps these past few days really wore him out for practicing two different things, because he didn't woke up when you finally opened the door.

His soft breathes intertwined with the wind and a smile graced your lips because you thought it was adorable. As you tiptoed beside him, you felt this empty feeling in your heart once again. But unlike the first time you befriended Oikawa, it's bearable now.

"Tooru-kun..." you whispered delicately. However, even though the corners of his mouth turned up, Oikawa was still asleep.

Yet another thing that made the empty and dark feeling go away. Among the all the guys that you know except for Kentaro, Oikawa is the only one who brings those unwanted feelings and make them disappear at the same time.

Or maybe, it's your pessimistic thoughts that are bringing the negativity when you're with him or near other guys and Oikawa is the only male who can bring you ease.

Another smile spread across your face at the thought of that and you leaned to his ears, whispering, "Thank you."

Finally, Oikawa opened his eyes and abruptly sat up. His brown pair of orbs widened when he saw you and he scratched his head as an attempt to calm himself.

"Since when did you arrive, Y/N-chan?" He asked with a sheepish smile, seemingly unaware of your words earlier.

"Just a few seconds ago..." You replied as you unwrapped your lunch. Oikawa also started doing the same.

There was an awkward silence between the two of you, but perhaps only Oikawa felt it because anxiety were bubbling up inside of you. Mixed with fear, self-hatred and shame, your expression darkened and became gloomy.

"...Tooru-kun, what do you think of skinship?" You voice wavered as you immediately ate the tamagoyaki while the chopsticks stayed between your lips.

Oikawa's eyes whipped towards you when he heard how the words slipped on your tongue and stared at you for a few seconds before gazing back to his food.

"...I'm fine with it. I mean, it's normal for me and my friends." He hesitated.

"Oh...normal..." You slowly nodded as you dazed off, wondering how normal feels.

Oikawa looked at you back and forth, panicking if what he said wasn't right. Then he finally cleared his throat and gained your attention once more.

"By normal, what I mean is for example, skin brushing against each other when you do things like taking picture," he explained while his hands were moving up everywhere, "You usually wouldn't mind. It's normal, I guess? Something like that..."