Chapter 24: Consulting

"Arghhhh!" Oikawa suddenly screamed and he messed with his hair, seemingly frustrated

"Arghhhh!" Oikawa suddenly screamed and he messed with his hair, seemingly frustrated. His teammates gave him weird looks as they sweat-dropped and anticipated if Oikawa was gonna start something. Well, except for his fellow third years. They just think that he's being dramatic as always.

"What's wrong with him?" Matsukawa asked particularly no one as he sat beside Hanamaki. The light-haired guy shrugged and pursed his lips. "Well there's one thing we know—it's that he doesn't care about his hair getting messy right now."

Then as they continuously stared at Oikawa who kept messing with his hair and maybe even pulling it—indicating that he's perhaps angry at himself—Iwaizumi walked towards him and gave the Captain a loud smack on the back of his head.

"Stop scaring the juniors, Shittykawa!" He reprimanded as Oikawa tearily faced him. The poor guy looked like a kid who's afraid of his parents scolding him because he broke something.

"I-Iwa-chan," he started, "What should I do? I-I nearly did it, but I still did something!"

Iwaizumi furrowed his brows in confusion at Oikawa, who is acting overly dramatic. Even if he didn't know what caused him to be like this, the Vice Captain still thinks that the Great King is exaggerating. He rolled his eyeballs at his friend who had a pitiful look.

"What are you talking about? What do you mean?"

"Y-Y/N-chan...I think she hates me now..."

"Huh? What did you do?"

Oikawa remembered clearly how you ran away from him immediately, after he retracted his forehead from yours. He was so shocked and scared that he couldn't call you out and apologize. You still replied to his messages, but he couldn't say sorry there because he didn't want it to come out as insincere. That's why he came to your class before coming to practice, but you were gone.

When he finally saw you, your eyes met and you turned around immediately and ran away again. Oikawa felt so heartbroken that he just stood there and watched you. He didn't know that you avoided him because you were too embarrassed to face him.

Everything felt strange to you that a lot more questions popped inside your head. You didn't know what to talk about and what answers you were looking for.

Thankfully, Kentaro was not there at the moment, or Oikawa might get punched without even receiving a chance to explain himself. He also promised that he would not hurt you, so there's a high probability that he might just let himself get beaten up. His friends might think otherwise because Oikawa treasures his face very much, but he will do it for you.