Chapter 22: Someone You Like?

Here's our Great King, Oikawa Tooru!

—•—

Masato Hiro. This particular third year is the one who called you out at the current place you were in. He's the one who's going to confess to you, and unfortunately, the one you'll be rejecting.

"...Oikawa-san?" He asked when his gaze drifted behind your frozen stature. Masato was still panting as a look of rejection flashed in his face after making a quick conclusion. You were clueless about what he just thought of, but Oikawa noticed how deliberate Masato's reaction was.

Although Oikawa didn't feel good when he saw the guy, he immediately dismissed his thoughts. The Captain of the volleyball team was aware that you were going to get confessed to, so the situation was weird. He cleared his throat awkwardly, getting both your attention, and Masato's.

"I'm going to go now, Y/N-chan," he paused, an awkward atmosphere settled and Oikawa sweat-dropped as he tried to think of words to add. Not a struggle he thought he'd experience. "Uh...see you, I guess. Bye."

He forced a smile on his lips and took a look at you and the guy behind you once more, an unsettling feeling drowned in his heart. Oikawa's scalp goes numb and his expression's on the verge of getting ugly, maybe because of jealousy. But Oikawa knew he had no right to be jealous. You weren't his person to begin with.

The guy who solemnly walked away was a person who had no problem socializing and holding a conversation. However, his last words came out stiff and awkward when he faced the fact that there were guys confessing to you now. There were ugly emotions occupying his heart and it felt heavy. Suffocating, even.

He wanted to claw his heart out and crush it into pieces because it felt unbearable, yet he still managed to cling onto his rationality because he didn't want to hurt you more than anything else.

All of this felt wrong. Oikawa never expected that some people were going to approach you now. It was a great thing. He told himself this was a great thing so that you could finally bloom into that beautiful flower you were meant to be.

But he suddenly felt uneasy and afraid. He was scared that these new people who didn't care before, were going to taint your innocence and scar you further. However, what he was most scared of; was you, finding a person you'll like more than him. Even though he knew that this thinking was wrong, he couldn't help it.

Especially when the thought that you just befriended him like an experiment hits him. Oikawa knew this wasn't you. That this was not your intention. But what if you actually intend to make him as your friend forever? How will he then control himself and not break down when someone not him holds you?