Chapter 25: Hold On

Note: Brace yourselves peeps

Note: Brace yourselves peeps. :)))

The room you shared with you stepmother was cold and dark. Although in the past, that man had also kept you in a room that was also dark and cold, it became your sanctuary somehow. Because those were what comforted you since you'd only be locked when the nightmare's over.

Fortunately, you didn't become claustrophobic from the times your mother kept you in a cramped and also dark cabinet. But you hated how hot it was there to the extent of suffocation, so you liked the coldness better.

You just finished taking a bath and now you were going to sleep. Kentaro's mother was taking overtime shift again, so you were alone while your little brother occupied the other room.

As you stared at the window that illuminated the bed, Oikawa entered your mind. Your memory of him when you two were still practicing for the play, flashed in your eyes as if it was just yesterday.

The two of you ate on the rooftop with your friends, but you two were in your own world. He was telling stories energetically with sparks in his eyes; he looked like an innocent boy talking about his dreams of building a spaceship, flying to other planets and meeting aliens. It gave you butterflies.

You were so amazed at him, who pursued volleyball after meeting his idol from the Argentina team back then. Not only did he perfected his serves at a young age, Oikawa also became one of the best setters in High School. Thankfully, you knew a lot about the sport since you were very supportive of Kentaro that you also became a fan.

When times like those where Oikawa ends up talking about himself; he was always worried that you'd find it self-centered and narcissistic. He was afraid deep down that your image of him will change into that shallow and womanizer guy that a lot of people see. Because the truth was, even though Oikawa appears so confident, he's actually full of insecurities. And you became aware of that every time he apologizes.

However, your interests just became wider when you met your friends so you didn't know what to talk about yourself. Of course you didn't need to tell what made you happy or not, because Oikawa noticed that even a lonesome flower growing beside the road could lift the corners of your mouth.

"I think you like him, Y/N-chan."

"Huh? I do like him, but I also like you guys."

"No, it's not the same like. We think that your like towards Oikawa is leaning more on love."

"You don't notice it, Y/N-chan. But your whole face lits up when you see him. And I'm sure that you also feel this impulse to run to him when you do."

That conversation just happened earlier this day. Those were the conclusion you were given as to why you feel pain in your heart sometimes. And you accepted it. You felt happy and exhilarated. You didn't even noticed that you started smiling when you remembered Oikawa.