Dean

Sam came home every day at the exact same time. 5:30.
I came home every day at the exact same time. 5:30.
It worked perfectly. His after school clubs and activities and my work were synced. Today, however I was on my own. It was the third time this week. Whenever Sam got the chance, he would run off with his girlfriend to study or whatever the nerds did. I warmed up my left over hamburger and pie and sat down on the couch to watch the television. Eventually I got bored with the show. I threw away my hamburger container and headed to my room.

I pulled out my laptop and logged into Busty Asian Beauties. This was where I found pleasure when the real thing was not available. However, today it wasn't working. I put a note on the counter incase Sam came home. I headed out to the bar at the edge of town. Harvelle's Roadhouse. I knew the owner and her daughter. I also knew with them there, I wasn't going to get lucky tonight, but that was alright with me. Their company was good enough.

I walked in and heard Ash immediately. He hollered my name and came over from his pool game. There was money all over the edge of the pool table. Ash's talents included scamming people, and pool.
"Sup bro!"
"Hey man. How's the game so far?" I asked.
"Oh you know. Stupid people not believing my sexy ass couldn't even win a pool game with the lord on my side."
Ash was anything but sexy, but he's was a fricken genius so no one bothered. Despite the mullet, screwed up teeth and plaid shirts with the sleeves torn off, this man could hack anything and everything.
"Well, you'll teach them." I nodded and headed over to the bar.
"Hey Dean. What do you want now? Beer or a couple shots?" Ellen asked. "I'll start off with beer. Thank you."
Ellen pulled out a beer and handed it to me.
"How's Sam?" She asked.
"He's good. Practically the same. He's with Jess right now." I didn't know what else to say. I hadn't seen him as often as I used too, so I didn't know what was going on with him.
I drank my beer and motioned for another. After a couple I decided I should head home.

"Hey Sammy." I said when I walked in the house. I didn't even know if he was there or not. I received no response. I looked at the clock. 8:39. 'He should be home soon.' I thought to myself. I went into my room and put on pajamas. As soon as I entered the kitchen I heard Sam come in the back door. I didn't say anything but grabbed a beer from the fridge.
"Oh, hey Dean. I didn't notice the Impala in the driveway I guess."
I must have given him a strange look because shortly after he became defensive and swore to God he didn't see the Impala.
"Whatever." I mumbled.

"How's school?" I ventured. I never really asked Sam about school but I was dying to talk to my brother. Not that I would let him know that.
"Oh, you know, same as usual." He said nonchalantly.
"No. No, I don't know Sammy. I haven't seen you more than an hour this month it feels like. You're out with Jess half the time." Was what I wanted to say. I didn't. I did say that I was going to watch tv and there was left overs in the fridge if Sam was hungry. He mumbled something and headed to his room.

Not long after, I got a call from Dad.
"Hey Dean! I'll be coming by in a week or so if it's okay with you." He didn't even wait for a response.
"Can't talk much right now, so I'll see you later." With that, he hung up the phone before I could even blink.
Great.