Castiel

"Nothing. I'm not doing anything."
"Okay, well I've got work today and Sam's got school. You're on your own today." Dean said while getting himself some food.
"Okay then." I continued to stare at the blank television.

I don't know how long I sat there on the couch, but sooner or later Sam and Dean were in the house again.
"Have you been sitting there all day?" Sam asked.
"Yes I have."
"Why would you do that?"
"I have nothing else to do. I can't use my powers if you want me to help and that leaves me with nothing to do."
"Okay well you rest up... I've got homework to do." After Sam left, Dean came and sat on the couch next to me. I could feel his arm on the back of the couch right behind my head. He had one leg crossed over the other and a beer rested in his hand. He was very relaxed while I sat there straight up. Both hands in my lap, looking straight ahead. I noticed that Dean's knee was touching mine. It sent a chill through me. His touch made me feel safe.
"How's it going Cas?" He asked.
"Fine. This couch is very comfortable. What about you Dean? How are you?"
"I'm fine. Same old I guess."
"What about Sam and his friend. Kevin."
"Well, Sam says he's been talking to Kevin. Kevin knows all about you, and us trying to help him. Do you need him to do anything for this?"
"Just, be where I will be when I come back. That would be fine."
"Okay then. We can do that.

By Saturday, I was powerful enough. I had spent the past three days sitting on Dean's couch. Sometimes I would watch television, but I found the fake drama staged in the shows to be full of plot holes and confusing.
"Cas, if you feel like you're ready for this, then we are too. Kevin's here like you asked, so... You do your thing." Dean said.
I looked over at Kevin. He was a short boy with longer hair that swept over his eyes. He was of an Asian ethnicity. He was freaking out on the inside.
"Kevin, this might not work. Especially the first time. I don't want you to get your hopes up okay?" I asked.
"Okay." He squeaked.

I channeled all my energy. I concentrated. My focus could not be lost. I could feel darkness around me. When I opened my eyes, Lucifer I the form of his first vessel stood in front of me. I noticed bars in between us. I looked around, glad to notice that it was not me in a cage.
"Castiel?" He asked.
"Hello Lucifer."
"Wow, it's been so long. Rumor has it you fell and lost your grace! How could you be here?" He asked smirking.
"I have my grace, and I'm here to talk to you about a deal one of your demons made. It must be broken. Immediately."
"Why do you care?"
"He's a friend of a friend. He made the deal stupidly like most. I offered my help to cancel it."
"Really? Who is this friend?"
"His name is Dean Winchester." I noticed his face go pale for a second when I said the name.
"What?" I demanded.
He quickly regained his composure. "Oh nothing. It's just Winchesters are know for trouble when it comes to demons."
"Well you're not a demon. Now cancel the deal made with Kevin Tran. Do it now."
He thought for a second.
"On one condition..."
"No, just get rid of the deal."
"Come on! Here me out dear brother. I just want you to go on a hunt with your friend Dean. His little brother too."
"How did you know about Sam? I never mentioned him."
"Oh come on. I may be caged but I'm in the loop about the Winchesters. One hunt that's it. Then the deal is voided."
"Why?"
"Why not?"
"Fine." And with that, I found myself back in Dean's living room. I had to sit down. I was exhausted.
"Cas! Cas, what happened?"