15

It's been a long—hellish week not only for Jungkook, but for Jimin as well...even though it's his own fault.

He had been ignoring the younger for a very foolish reason; revenge.

Jimin was one stubborn ass bitch who just couldn't get over Jungkook nearly causing him a heart attack, that day in the kitchen. If the rest of the members were to find out that him and Jungkook—literal rivals—were in some sort of intimate relationship; that would most certainly be the end of it.

Not necessarily because they were both men—well actually, kind of.

All the members already knew that Jimin was gay due to the fact that he, himself—came out to them. Yet, their reactions weren't necessarily all sunshine and rainbows.

Especially the reaction of one certain member.

That was one crazy ass day

— flashback to 2016 —

"I'm gay."

The six members froze in their seats, staring up at the man in front of them with flabbergasted expressions.

Jimin fiddled with the hem of his sweater—not daring to make eye contact with his mates. He never felt so small before, so vulnerable.

The man really wasn't the type to express himself out to the members like Hoseok or Jin—let alone get emotional in front of them. Yet, he knew it was an important factor of himself he had to verbalize.

He had been planning to come out to the rest for a month now and after countless of anxious—insomnious nights, day-dreaming about all the worst outcomes, he finally grew the balls to do it.

Silence

The living room was so silent—weary breaths were faint to the ears.

"What? No you're not."

Taehyung was the first one to speak—standing up from the couch in a rather defensive fashion.

He knew Jimin longer than the rest, they were best friends for fucks sake. He even witnessed Jimin flirt and date girls during their trainee days, so why was he calling himself a gay? There was no way.

All of them, including Jimin were staring at him, puzzled by his outburst.

" You've dated girls before Jimin! How can you be one of those?"

Those ?

Jimin quickly averted his gaze from his best friend, saddened by his words.

It was true. He had dated girls in the past. But he was just an amateur who always attempted to hide his true self. As a child growing up in a really conservative city, he was taught that heterosexuality was the only right way to go about relationships.

A man should be with a woman.

He would repeat that sentence each time he found himself crushing on a guy in school or during his practices.

A man can't be with another man

That was the case, until he had his first sexual encounter at the age of nineteen with one of their backup dancers.