Now I'm Here

A/N: I send you my love, @kayleighpotato, get well soon! This one is for you, I hope you like it! ~Skippy <3

Your pov:

I was in my room getting letters from the ministry saying that it was the 13th anniversary of the war being over. The twins were six and Minerva was turning five, I was suppose to attend something from the ministry. As of right now, I was cleaning up and Draco spoke, "We should go to the gala, the kids can stay at Harry's since Dobby is babysitting for them and they can sleepover at their cousin's." "I don't know," I replied. "Come on, one night together," Draco smiled holding my waist. "We can dress up, and I can give you a heroes reward as a congratulations." Draco smirked kissing my neck lightly making me giggle. "Okay, fine," I smiled. "After work, we'll go."

Draco smiled, the day went on and at night we got prepared for bed. I just walked out of the bathroom when I saw Draco looking at something. His bare back was towards me and he let out a shaky breath causing me to worry. "Draco," I said snapping him out of it. "What is it, love?" Draco asked smiling while putting a long sleeve on. "What were you doing?" I asked. "Nothing, just thinking about something," Draco assured. I went up to him and examined his features for a moment. Draco only smiled and I spoke, "Okay then."

We crawled into bed, Draco pulled me into his chest making me smile. I knew something felt off, but I shook it off and we slowly went to bed.

-

The next day, I was at home getting my ready for the gala where Draco came home

The next day, I was at home getting my ready for the gala where Draco came home. "Honey, you here?" I called. "Yes, I'm here," Draco smirked walking in seeing me in my outfit. "Sweet talker," I smiled kissing him softly. "Get ready, we're gonna be late. The kids are already at Harry's house and Dobby said they're doing fine. Let's go." "Actually, I have to get files back to the office really quick," Draco said going to his drawers. "How about I just meet you there?" "Oh, okay," I said. "I don't mind waiting." "Love, I'm fine," Draco assured with a smile. "Go on, I'll be there before they announce your glory."

I agreed then pecked his cheek before going off to the gala. When I arrived, I met up with harry and Hermione. "Where's Draco?" Hermione questioned. "Oh, he has some work to do," I answered. "He said he'll be here before the celebration where they announce us." "Okay," Hermione replied. "Are you okay?" "Why wouldn't I be?" I asked. "Draco is always by your side, I mean this is a big night for you," Hermione reasoned. "No, it's not," I assured. "Draco has been off, but this isn't a big thing for me. We all won the war together, Harry and I were just the face of it. I'm just worried about Draco, he's been acting off. Something's wrong with him, he just won't tell me what."

"Well, I'm sure he'll tell you," Hermione assured. "Come on, we got to go on." Harry and I went to the front with Hermione and she stopped the music gaining everyone's attention. "Welcome everyone to the 13th anniversary of our victory," Hermione announced causing everyone to cheer. As she spoke, I looked around to try to find Draco but he wasn't anywhere to be see. I frowned then felt something tugging my dress lightly. Spark, my familiar, crawled put my shoulder and connected it's head to mine. 'Draco, he's still at home,' Spark said. 'I think he's crying.'

I looked at her then whispered to Harry, "I got to go." "Now?" Harry whispered back and I nodded. "Fine, but you owe me big time." I smiled then went off taking the floo network home and followed Spark to my room. I saw the bathroom door cracked open and the sound of light crying was coming from it. I slowly walked up to it to see Draco with everything trying to get something off his arm. "Come on, come on," Draco sniffed trying to clean it aggressively with a rag. It was his dark mark, it was still there.

"Draco," I said walking in and dropping beside him. Without hesitation, he turned to me and wrapped his arms around my waist tightly and cried into my shoulder. I held him tightly, holding his head as he clutched the ends on my hair gently. "I'm so sorry," Draco sobbed. I pulled away and held his face wiping his tears away with my thumb. "Why didn't you tell me it hasn't gone away?" I asked. "Because it's not suppose to yet," Draco said. "The magic stays till years later, and it still here and I can't even get rid of it. I tried everything, spells, magical remedies, and washing it off."

"You should have told me," I said. "How could I?" Draco questioned. "After all these years, I still can't be at peace with this even when I was doing good. Even though I'm helping people as a doctor, people see me as a hero, and our kids. But how am I suppose to tell them that their father was a part of Voldemort's side." "You were forced," I reasoned. "Not when you were getting tortured," Draco added taking embark slightly. "When I see this, all I think about is I didn't save you or Lapis just because I was too scared." I took his hands in mine and looked at him.

"Draco, I'm okay-" "No, you're not," Draco replied. "I know you wake up crying sometime remembering, I see you staring at the scar when you're alone. It's all my fault, I should have fought harder, I should have saved you. Looking at this reminds me of that day and I finally admit to myself something I have been holding back... all I ever was and will be is a filthy death eater that was too scared to save the woman he loves." I frowned then held his arm and ran my finger lightly over it and looked at him.

"I don't," I replied. "Draco, there was nothing you can do. You were fighting, your family didn't let you. The kids may not understand now, but I know one day they will see that you forced and yet you still risked your life to help us win. You're not a filthy death eater." I showed his my half blood scar and said, "These scars show that we're survivors. So, you can call yourself whatever you want because I'll be here telling you that you are the best man, husband, and father anyone could ask for because I love you, Draco Malfoy. You are so much more than what you say you are. Now, I'm here for you."

I kissed his mark then kissed him passionately for a long moment, holding his chin then pulled away slowly. Draco kissed my half blood scar and held me tightly again. "I love you, Y/n Potter-Malfoy," Draco said softly. I smiled lightly and rubbed his back, later on, we went to the couch. I turned on the fire and we laid on the couch together.

I ran my fingers through his hair soothingly, Draco rested his head and closed his eyes finally at ease making me smile softly

I ran my fingers through his hair soothingly, Draco rested his head and closed his eyes finally at ease making me smile softly. We just stayed there all night, it was perfect for us. Both damaged in some way, but our broken pieces fixes each other.