23

[short chapter, sorry]

Y/N L/N's POV:

Gotta go fast! Gotta go fast!

I thought to myself as I ran down the hallway to the gymnasium that Karasuno and many other teams will be playing at for the prelims. I had my phone in my hand and earphones, though I wasn't wearing them.

I asked my teacher if he can let me leave the school quite early, I made up some excuses saying that I'm not feeling well today. Once again, being the quiet kid in class payed off since he let me go very easily.

I've texted Yachi asking if they were almost finished and she said they just finished and won their first match, now they were getting ready for their second match. Their second match was with Kanagawa, I've heard that they had one player who was 200 cm tall.

I almost tripped when I turn to the left, since I have no strength in my legs whatsoever. Though I kept running. My face lit up when I saw a group of familiar figures, wearing the Karasuno volleyball uniform.

"Yachi!" I called out, she looked at my direction and waved at me.

"Y/N!" the guys turned to my direction as they saw me running up to them. "Y/N, you're here!"

Do not fear, because I AM HERE!

When I finally got up to them it took me a few seconds to catch my breath.

"You really are not very athletic, you're already really pale," I heard Kei say, as I put a hand on my chest.

"You could say that, again," I said, wiping the sweat off of my forehead.

"I thought you'd be here later," said Tadashi, walking up to me and giving me a bottle of water.

"I made up excuses that I was not feeling well so, our teachers let me go," I said, taking a sip of the water bottle Tadashi gave me.

"How come they let you go that easily?" asked Tanaka, as him and Nishinoya looked curious on why and how I easily got out of school.

"It payed off being the quiet kid in class," I simply said, smirking at them.

"Is that something to be proud of?" asked Kei.

"Hey! Just be grateful I'm here, alright?!" I said, looking up at him, I saw him laugh a little bit.

"Haha, yeah, yeah. Thanks for coming," he said, before patting my head leaving me really flustered.

He walked pass Tadashi and I to go watch the other teams who was playing inside the court, I was just standing there feeling my self heat up like a kettle.

Damn you feelings! Damn you Kei!

"Uh, Y/N - ?"

"I'm fine!" I quickly said, turning towards Tadashi's direction. I, then, immediately changed the subject. "So, about this 200 cm tall guy -"

Right after I said it, the guy walked pass Yachi. We all just stood there and feel his intimidating presence due to his height.

Hinata seemed to shiver once he walked passed him.

"S-so tall!" said Hinata, once the very tall guy was gone.

"If you combine your height with Hello Kitty, Hinata, then you'll be 200 cm tall!" said Yachi.

"That is true," I said. "Also if you combine him with pikachu."

"You're right, then he'll be the same height as that guy," said Tadashi.

"Combine Hinata with a black lantern, he'd be the same height," said Kei.

"Black Lantern?" asked Yachi.

"It's a type of shark."

"You're so smart, Tsukki!"

Why have we gone to this kind of coversation, again?

I looked over at Hinata, and saw that he looked like he was being enveloped by nervousness. Though I didn't think about it too much since Hinata is the kind of guy that won't let himself get intimidated with just the height.

~

Yachi led me up the sidelines to watch. We were greeted by a few people, there were 2 kids and 2 old guys.

"Are you cheering for Karasuno as well?" one of the old guy said.

I'm literally wearing Karasuno's uniform, but since you're an old man I'll let it slide.

"Yeah, I'll also be taking a few pictures of them," I said taking out my camera from my bag.

"Oh, that's such a cool camera, nee-chan!" one of the kids say, as they looked up at him.

"Nee-chan, do you play volleyball? You're pretty tall," the kid said, as I laughed it off.

"No, not really, but I am interested in the sport," I said, standing up beside them.

I looked over at the other old man, and I seemed to recognize him for some reason. Hold up, let me think... think... think...

AHA!

He used to be the old coach of Karasuno! I saw him at the bench when I watched the Little Giant's match back then!

"Excuse me, but are you Coach Ukai?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Oh, you seem to recognize me?" he said, smiling.

"Yes, I've seen you from a few matches that I've watched with the Little Giant," I said, smiling up at the old man.

"That's nice, now you'll watch a another match with the Little Giant," he said, looking down at the court.

I smiled, knowing that he was referring to Hinata.

I can't wait to see what these guys will conquer in the future.