Deeper meanings

You hear Kageyama clench his teeth together, his brows tightly knit towards Oikawa. "You were my underling back then. I guess this shouldn't be a surprise to the both of us." Oikawa lowly chuckles. Something about the way Oikawa spoke towards Kageyama bothered you. It's as if Oikawa is proud of Kageyama for picking up such a nasty trait. You stand in front of Kageyama, pulling Oikawa's attention to you.

"Don't say that to Tobio. He's not like you Oikawa."

Oikawa smirks, his eyes darkening over when he sees you jumping to protect Kageyama. "Oh?" Oikawa leans over, his face close to yours. "Well, you're also not a saint either." His breath tickles against your lips and you feel your chest tighten. "I've already placed my hands on you." Your brows knit together, anger fuming in your face. Raising your fingers you pinch Oikawa's lips together. His eyes widen, surprised. "I think someone has to put you in check Oikawa." You grumble. "Yeah, you have a way with your lips and body. But what else are you good at? Don't talk as if you're better than any of us." You release your hold on his lips. Oikawa straightens up and rubs his pinched lips.

"Also, you can't taunt me with something we both mutually did together. Sexual desire is normal." You turn away from the two after saying your last piece. The two are silent when they watch you walk away. Kageyama gives Oikawa one last glare before chasing after Y/N. "Y/N, WAIT!" Kageyama shouts from behind you. You continue to walk, not wanting to be bothered anymore. "God you're stubborn." Kageyama grabs hold of your wrist, forcing you to look at him. You pull your wrist away from him, eyes piercing at his face. "What, Tobio? I have nothing to say to you."

"Well I do!" Kageyama yells. His booming voice startles you. You press your lips together, silently giving in to Kageyama. He notices your silence and calms himself down. "Do you still care about me Y/N?"

"What kind of question is that?" You blurt out.

"Answer me." Kageyama holds a stern tone.

You nibble your bottom lip. "Of course. Why wouldn't I? You're the only one who's supported me. Despite me learning that you hate it." Your hand trembles and you hide them in your jacket pockets. You keep your eyes down towards your camera. Your chest aches when you speak. Kageyama lowers his stiff shoulders, his eyes staring at Y/N's hidden hands. His words escape from him when he hears her response. Kageyama slowly pulls Y/N into his chest, his arms tightly squeezing her small frame. His large hand strokes the back of her head. "You really are stupid when it comes to love."

The familiar scent of Kageyama makes you overwhelmed. His warmth comforting your coldness. You didn't understand his words when he speaks them.

Love? You didn't mention that at all.

You try to pull away but Kageyama holds you still. "I'm not as gentle with my words around you for a reason Y/N." Kageyama's deep voice muffles in your ear.

"Why?" You speak into his chest.

Kageyama grows silent, you're unable to see his expression from his tight hold on you. "Because..." Kageyama inhales sharply. "Our close history. I know you can handle anything I throw at you." You place your hand on Kageyama's chest, gently pushing yourself away from him. "Well...I'm getting emotionally softer now Tobio. Your words are starting to hurt me." Kageyama lowers his arms to his sides, nodding his head. "Sorry. I'll keep that in mind. Can you forgive me?" The corner of your lips tug into a small smile. "Under one condition."

Kageyama looks nervous when you answer him. You raise your camera. "You have to be my model for my class project." Kageyama frowns when he hears your request. "What exactly do you need me to do?"

"Just be yourself. Pretend I'm not here and go back to doing what you were doing."

"Okay, sounds easy enough. What's the theme of your project anyway?" Kageyama starts to walk back to where Hinata and Yachi are hanging around. "Things I see every day in my life." You softly say, raising your camera up towards Kageyama. Kageyama flinches, his cheeks turning pink. "Sounds like a boring theme." Kageyama manages to speak up. "You think so?" Lowering your camera, you pull up the recent photo. You zoom into Kageyama's blushing face. "I think it's interesting. Everyone lives life differently and we see things in different views." You smile when you stare at the image of Kageyama at his naturalist.

Kageyama notices Y/N's smile and his heart skips. "You always had a different way of viewing life than me. So it makes sense this topic attracts you." Kageyama softly says to you. "Volleyball is the only thing that revolves around your life Tobio." You lightly laugh. "You're half right." Kageyama corrects you. "Sorry, I forgot to mention your obsession with milk and yogurt too." You playfully apologize to him, looking back up to Kageyama.

"There's something else too." Kageyama stops, turning to look at you. You slow your footsteps and look up at Kageyama. "You revolve around my life too Y/N." Kageyama speaks sweetly when he says your name. You feel your heart skip a beat, your cheeks turning a soft pink. "Are you saying that in a good or bad way? Because if you're implying it in a bad way, I'm going to kick your ass." You blurt out. Kageyama chuckles, a warm bass erupts from him. "In a good way. You're the only one I can talk to like this." Kageyama extends his hand towards your hair. "I'm sorry I don't tell you how thankful I am for our friendship." You take advantage of the moment to capture a photo of Kageyama. He freezes after the flash and you smile.

"Now I have a photo to remember this moment." You happily smile to yourself, walking ahead of him. Kageyama shakes his head, watching you walk away. "I wish you picked up the deeper meanings behind my words Y/N." Kageyama whispers under his breath. You turn around to look at Kageyama who's standing idly. "Are you going to practice volleyball or are you going to stand there all day Tobio?"

Kageyama smiles when he looks at Y/N, he picks up his pace. "Volleyball of course."