Christmas Eve

"Iwa-chan!" Oikawa lets himself in Iwaizumi's apartment with the spare apartment key. He notices how quiet the apartment is. "Is he not awake yet?" Oikawa raises an eyebrow, staring at his phone that reads 10AM. He leaves his present and breakfast on the counter and walks down a small hallway towards Iwaizumi's room. The sound of snoring is faintly heard behind Iwaizuimi's bedroom door. Oikawa carefully opens the door, peering inside.

Iwaizuimi is in a deep sleep, hugging his pillow against his chest. A mischievous smirk grows on Oikawa's face when he steps inside.

"Iwa-chan~" Oikawa hums out, his hands swiftly pull the blankets off of Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi's face scrunches together and he groans out. "LET ME SLEEP IN. WE DON'T HAVE CLASSES TO GO TO." With his eyes still closed he tries to blindly grab for the blanket but Oikawa keeps his hold on the blanket.

"It's Christmas Eve Iwa-chan. I didn't come over early to watch you sleep." Oikawa tosses the blankets over him. "I'll be waiting in the living room."

Five minutes later Iwaizumi emerges from his room with a messy bedhead. Oikawa lowers his phone when he sees Iwaizumi tiredly sit down in the bar stool in front of him. Oikawa smirks and places a takeout box in front of him.

"Ta-da~ Guess who got you breakfast on his way here." Oikawa points to himself. "This guy." He grins, waiting for Iwaizumi to open the lid. Iwaizumi tiredly lifts up the lid and sees two fluffy pancakes in front of him. His eyes light up and he takes the plastic utensils out of the bag, slicing a piece off the pancake. "I'm not mad you woke me up anymore." Iwaizumi smiles when the airy pancake meets his tongue.

"You better not be. I also brought over your present." Oikawa places an envelope next to Iwaizumi. "Is it money?" Iwaizumi wears a playful smirk, lowering the knife and fork in his hand to pick up the envelope.

"I guess in a way it is?" Oikawa takes a moment to think about it. Iwaizumi rips open the envelope and sees a gift certificate to a local spot that specializes in agedashi dōfu. His jaw drops when he sees the name of the restaurant. "No way! How'd you get this Oikawa?! You have to reserve two months in advance to get a seat here." Iwaizuimi stares at the certificate in disbelief. The slip listing that this is a reservation for two, redeemable until June of next year. "I reserved two months in advance." Oikawai smirks, winking at Iwaizumi. He then extends his hand out. "So where's my gift?"

Iwaizumi scoffs, tucking the certificate away and standing back up. "Let me go get it." Seeing Iwaizumi walk away, Oikawa turns around to open his fridge for a drink. He only sees water and scrunches his nose. "Catch!" Iwaizumi shouts out and Oikawa reflexively turns around with his arms up. Two things fly at him and he barely catches them both.

"What the fuck is this for?" Oikawa raises an eyebrow when he notices that one of the gifts is a condom. "I don't need anymore of these."

"You might tomorrow." Iwaizumi says with a devilish smirk, taking another bite of his pancake. Oikawa's face flushes and he throws the condom back at Iwaizumi. He turns his attention to the other present which is in a flat rectangular box. Lifting the lid, Oikawa sees a pair of designer glasses. His eyes sparkle at the sight and he doesn't waste any time to put them on his face. He rushes over to a nearby mirror to see his reflection. "Man, this looks so good on me!" Oikawa smirks at himself, winking. Iwaizumi softly chuckles to himself. "You always know how to spoil me Iwa-chan." Oikawa walks back to Iwaizumi, slapping him on the back. Iwaizumi coughs from the hard slap to his back and Oikawa sheepishly apologizes, leaving Iwaizumi alone to finish his breakfast.

Oikawa makes himself comfortable on the sofa and takes his phone out from his pocket.

"So, what did you want to do today?" Iwaizumi speaks up and Oikawa shrugs, his finger sliding against the screen. He's impatiently waiting for Y/L/N to reply to him. "Did you have any ideas? If not, we can just play video games all day." Oikawa lowers his phone down, staring at Iwaizumi's back.

"Sure, that sounds fine with me. Should we call up Kyōtani? I'm sure he has no excuse to decline us." Iwaizumi is already pulling up Kyōtani's number as he speaks. "Don't be surprised if he starts yelling at you." Oikawa chuckles, feeling a vibration in his hand. He eagerly opens his text message when he sees Y/L/N respond.

 He eagerly opens his text message when he sees Y/L/N respond

Oikawa smirks to himself, shaking his head. "That punk."

Iwaizumi ends the call with Kyōtani. "He's coming over after picking up some food."

"Did he yell at you?" Oikawa places his phone on the coffee table and turns on the television. "Yeah." Iwaizumi chuckles, standing up to throw away the empty takeout box.

Oikawa's Christmas eve is full of friendly banter when Kyōtani arrives to join the two in celebration.

🏐・゚゚・。.

With heavy eyelids you reach for the vibration of your phone. Your hand blindly drifting around your bed. Feeling the cold screen of your phone, you attempt to answer the call. "Hello?" You tiredly speak into what you're hoping is the mic to your phone.

"Sleeping in Y/N?" Kageyana's low chuckle fills your ear. "What time is it?" You mumble, slowly opening your eyes. "Hm, almost noon." Kageyama pulls his phone away to look at the time.

"Are you waiting for your sister to pick you up?" A yawn escapes from you and you sit up, scratching your head. "Yeah, I just wanted to let you know I made it safely." Kageyama wears a small smile on his face, his phone pressing close to his ear to hear Y/N's voice. The corner of your lips tug into a smile and you turn your attention towards the sun that's streaming into your studio apartment. "Thanks for keeping me up to date. Should I stay on the phone until your sister arrives?"

Kageyama hears Y/N shuffling out of bed and he can visualize her messy bedhead. "You don't have to do that. Unless you already miss my voice?" Kageyama teases her over the phone and she scoffs.

"It hasn't been a full 24 hours yet, bud." You giggle, turning on the bathroom light. "Well, I miss you already." The words easily slip past Kageyama and you stiffen from his low tone. "Making me feel bad first thing I wake up?" You lightly laugh, biting your bottom lip from forming a frown.

"Yeah...You'll have to get used to that for a while. I am a heartbroken man." Kageyama dryly chuckles. The sound of a car honking towards him grabs his attention. "Looks like my ride is here."

"Have fun Tobio." You whisper. "If you're too busy tomorrow, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas." Kageyama smiles at Y/N's soft tone, nodding his head. "You too Y/N. Have a Merry Christmas and don't forget what I told you last night. Don't drink too much around Oikawa."

You nod your head, "Alright dad. I'm hanging up now." You end the call, leaving Kageyama flustered. He slides his phone away and rolls his luggage over to his sisters car.