Surprise!

The majority of your Christmas Eve is spent inside while you look through different websites for a cake recipe. You decide to make a cake to ignore the loneliness you feel from the holiday. Rolling up your sleeves, you turn on festive music and preheat the oven. You then begin to mix the dry ingredients together before adding the wet ingredients. After making your batter, you lightly grease the tin cake pan. Lining the pan with baking parchment paper before pouring in your batter.

"So far, so good." You smile to yourself, amazed how smoothly everything is going so far. The beep of the oven alarms you that it's ready. Grabbing your oven mitts, you open the oven door and grab your cake pan. Carefully, you slide the pan inside towards the middle.

"Guess I should clean up while I wait." You mutter to yourself, turning around to see the mess you made during the batter making process.

🏐・゚゚・。.

You're slowly dozing off on the sofa while you wait for your cake to bake in the oven. A beep rings in your ear and you jolt awake. "Oh shit." You hurry off the sofa and grab your oven mitts, opening the oven door to be blasted by heat. Timidly, you extend your hands towards the inside of the oven and carefully take the cake out to rest on the cold marble counter. You then turn around to close the oven door and switch the oven off.

"God, I shouldn't be falling asleep with a cake in the oven..." You mumble to yourself, a yawn escaping. Your eyes glance over at the clock that reads 11:55PM.

Time escaped from you today. Slapping your cheeks lightly, you walk over to the bathroom to splash water on your face to wake you up. You only have to decorate the cake and then it's a home run to the bed. The sound of your doorbell startles you awake before you even make it to the bathroom. Your brows furrow together and you walk over to the door, peering through the hole on your door.

"Oikawa?" Your tone is full of surprise when you see him stand there. You hurry to open the door. "Oh, good! You're not asleep." Oikawa grins widely when he sees you. "Merry Christmas Y/L/N!" Oikawa pulls out a party popper and pops it towards you. You're completely awake now from the sound. Blinking your eyes, you look at Oikawa bewildered. "Did you come all the way here to tell me Merry Christmas? Shouldn't you be at your families house, asleep?" Oikawa gently nudges his way inside and you close the door behind you.

"Oh, it smells good in here!" Oikawa ignores your questions and takes his boots off, placing his present under the tree.

"Oikawa." You grumble out his name, crossing your arms. Oikawa makes his way over to your kitchen counter and eyes the cake. "Yes, I did come here to tell you Merry Christmas in person. And I just left from my families apartment." Oikawa walks over to stand in front of you, a small smile on his face. "I told them there's someone I have to see tonight so I gave them their presents early."

Your lips close when you hear Oikawa's answer, a warm feeling spreading throughout your chest. "Oh..." You couldn't muster another word. "What are you making at this hour?" Oikawa smirks, amused by your silence. You walk over to the kitchen and open the fridge to grab the strawberries you've sliced the green tops off of and the whip cream you've made. "A Christmas cake for you." You glance over at Oikawa, playfully winking at him. Oikawa's constantly surprising you, so you wanted to surprise him too.