Chapter 22

The last time Lexi could remember riding a horse, she was eleven. It was on a family vacation in Finger Lakes National Forest, New York. They were staying in the accommodations at a stable, whose riding trails were amidst breathless lake views, cascading waterfalls, and rolling glacier-carved hills.

Riding Phantachus reminded her of the blissfulness she felt of her family being all together.

Marcus hugged Lexi from behind her. Without any words spoken out loud, she heard her father say, that was such a nice memory, I so enjoyed that vacation. Thank you for thinking about it.

Startled that her father could hug her, let alone communicate with her directly, Lexi thought back to him. Dad, can you hear my thoughts?

Yes.

Wow, this is an unexpected surprise. Tears rolled down Lexi's face with the realization that after all these years, she was with her father. It felt so real, and he sounded so real in her mind.

She remembered him holding her like this when she was a young girl sitting and watching TV with him. She leaned back into him even deeper. Lexi was enjoying the memory of what it felt like to feel his love and protection. Dad, does it hurt being dead?

No. It is blissful. But I have to say, being here with you brings back memories of feelings I had of the joy my family brought me.

Do you understand what we have to do today?

Yes. I am here to help Susannah get out of the Void.

Yes, Dad that is correct. Are you nervous?

No. I don't feel feelings anymore. All I have is the ability to remember memories when you ask me a question, or if you think something, then I can sense it through you. Should I be?

No. I guess not. It wouldn't be beneficial for us, anyways.

Just at that moment, she heard the bell ring once. It brought her attention back to what they were supposed to be doing here.

In case it worked on the Pegasus. She sent a thought to Phantachus, asking how long before they would find Susannah. In return, she had a vision of being lost in the pitch dark. No matter which way she turned, she couldn't see a thing.

Dad, I think we are in trouble, Phantachus cannot locate Susannah. What can we do to help him?

Lexi, I do not have a brain to think, so you will have to do the thinking.

Closing her eyes, Lexi prayed to God for guidance.

A moment later, Lexi imagined a light shining. It was the memory she had of Susannah playing with a Christmas ornament that lit up. Both girls revealed how beautifully delightful it was, and many times during the holiday season, they would sit together and stare at it.

The love she felt for her sister at that moment was intense. She could feel the love vibrating out of her like a beacon. The waves of this love radiated out in a wave of energy in all directions.

Phantachus sent her another vision. Turning her head, she could see the waves hitting an object in the far distance. It was Susannah. It was her love for her sister that had radiated a beam of energy.

Phantachus flew even faster now that he knew where he was flying to.

Her heartfelt like it was going to explode with the amount of love she felt as they came closer to Susannah. She felt Marcus's body going rigid behind her. Dad, are you okay?

He had disappeared from behind Lexi. She could now see him bringing the third cord to Susannah. Lexi could still understand him as he communicated to Susannah.

Susannah, I am so sorry. Will you ever forgive me? He said to Susannah as got closer to her.

For what? Susannah thought back.

I was so wrong for kicking you out of the house all because you didn't want to go to church. I was so inflexible in my belief that a person had to go to church to be a godly person. This false truth lost me so many good years with you. I lost all the pure joy and love that you brought into my life.

I punished myself with the grief I felt from that day forward. And not until I died did I realize, that to be holy, all a person had to do was believe and lead a virtuous life. That no matter what you believe in or call it, any person can be holy and be accepted into the light. All they need to do is believe in love and light before they die. And, for those that call it Heaven, that is all they need as the key to unlock the gates.

The key to open the gates is so simple... that even a newborn baby can do it. If a person feels that they did not lead a virtuous life, all a person needs, is the ability to forgive their earthly sins.

Once they forgive themselves, they can then emanate pure love energy into the lock. The ancient key that Saint Peter wears around his neck is a symbol of love. The weight of the key touches his heart and his heart is an extension of God's immeasurable love. The 'S' symbol stands for supernal, which means; heavenly, ethereal.

Can you forgive me?

Tears of joy ran down Susannah's cheeks. A spark of love entered into her heart, and an aura started to glow around her form. This glow started to heat an opening around her in the Void.

At that very instant, Marcus tied the cord around Susannah, and Phantachus backed up, pulling her out from the spot she was stuck in. Marcus grabbed his lost daughter and hugged her so tightly. The joy he felt of having her in his arms was more than words could describe.

Lexi heard the ringing of the bell, it rang twice. Remembering that they only had five minutes left, she sent a thought to her dad. Hurry!

With no time to spare, he flung Susannah up onto Phantachus behind Lexi. He then jumped up just in time, for Lexi clicked her heels three times as Phantachus bolted like a bat out of hell.