Slow Dance

I thought I wouldn't see Alastor for the rest of the night, but as the DJ was playing his second to last song, the red-haired demon appeared at our table again. By this time, the flask was empty and it was small enough no one had even a buzz. 

"Let's try this again," Alastor grinned at me, holding out his hand, "Would you like to dance?"

I looked from Cherri to Angel, who motioned for me to go. Blushing, I took Alastor's hand and let him pull me onto the dance floor. Some slow song by Kesha was playing over the speakers and couples around us were swaying in time to the music. My blush deepened as I felt Alastor's hands on my waist. 

"Sorry about earlier," He said in my ear, "Cassy is a bit...possessive."

I gave him an odd look. Giving me a sheepish smile in return, he explained, "She's asked me out to every dance for the past two years. To be honest, she's got a bit of a crush on me."

"Do you like her?" I replied. 

Alastor shook his head and sighed, "No. I don't really. She's become a decent actress but is a bit of a diva behind the stage. I don't really get along with her."

I nodded, understanding, then asked, "Is there anyone you do like?"

I tried to give him a flirty smile, which apparently worked, because his grin widened, "There might be someone."