Written in the Stars

This was the first prom I actually cared about. When I had been alive, prom was just a boring requirement for me to attend to feel normal. However, prom at Hell High was the first time I had a date. 

Angel had come over early to help with my hair and makeup. To be honest, I was glad for the help. Beyond eyeliner, I was clueless. 

Staring into the mirror, I looked at my reflection, even going so far as to do a little twirl. With my makeover and dress, I looked like a gothic princess. I could live with that.

A knock on my door startled me. I opened it to find Alastor waiting on the other side, dressed in a red suit with black pinstripes, a perfect complement to my dress. 

My date gave me a Cheshire grin, "You look absolutely beautiful."

I blushed, accepting the compliment along with his arm. This was the one time I didn't feel ordinary. Funny how dying and going to Hell was how I accomplished that. 

Couples dressed in their best were strolling towards the entrance, where a banner reading "Written in the Stars" was written in sparkly silver glitter. Angel had been right, the name was something dumb. 

"Ready?" Alastor asked.

I gave my boyfriend a Cheshire grin of my own, "Ready."