A Night To Remember

This prom was more well planned than any I had been to while living. If sinners knew anything, it was how to throw one hell of a party. Apparently, the prom budget was more than decent, judging based on the decorated gym. 

Angel and Cherri waved Alastor and I over to a table they had snagged. Passing me a flask, Angel said, "Fashionably late, I see."

"Had to make an entrance," I replied, taking a swig of what turned out to be whiskey before passing it to Alastor. He took a drink before passing it back to its owner. 

"Is it the lighting, or does your flask match your dress?" I asked, looking pointedly from the pink flask to the flashy pink dress he had chosen for the occasion. 

Angel shrugged, "Can't blame a guy for accessorizing. You might have shown up in jeans if it wasn't for me."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh ha, ha."

Alastor leaned over and kissed my cheek before asking, "Want to go dance?"

I let him lead me out to the floor. After all the drama, it was nice to finally have some time to just have fun together. We danced well past midnight, just enjoying the time spent with my boyfriend and our friends. 

Dancing the last slow dance of the night, I rested my head on Alastor's shoulder. Lost in our own little world, Alastor nuzzled my cheek. I smiled softly, a little sad the song was ending, "Would you want to come back with me to my dorm?"