Let The War Begin

Cassy launched up from her seat, automatically backed by her two shadows, "Take. That. Back!"

Setting my coffee down, I replied as calmly as I could, "And why should I?"

Cassy stewed for a moment before snatching up her iced latte and dumped it right over her head. Angel gasped, and I knew he was catching this all on camera. 

Wiping iced pumpkin spice latte out of my eyes, I stood up. Cassy's cronies laughed as if their leader had made a fantastic joke while Cassy herself stood there looking pleased with herself. 

I punched her right in her smug face. 

There were several screams and a spurt of blood from Cassy's nose where my fist connected. One punch was apparently all it took. The fight was over before it began. I stood there drenched and smelling like a basic white girl's wet dream while Cassy's friends carried her off, shouting obscenities back at me the entire time.

"That was glorious!" Angel crowed in delight, leaping up to show me the video he had taken. 

It was indeed glorious. I hardly could recoginize myself as I punched Cassy. I looked bad ass. 

"Let the war begin," Angel chuckled.

"What?" I asked, looking from the phone to him. 

"You think she'll leave you alone after that?" Angel clarified, "Sugar, that was the first shot in what's bound to be an epic war."