Play Stupid Games...

The rumor about Alastor was all over school the next day. Apparently, his sex life was too good of a topic to pass up. It was hard for me to keep my mouth shut, but if this was going to work, the next part of the rumor was going to have to come straight from Alastor himself. 

When lunch came around, it was already circulating around the different cliques. It was easy to tell what had happened by the way sinners were whispering and looking pointedly at Cassy. 

"Starfish." I heard one sinner snicker behind his hand. 

Angel's face lit up as we watched our Barbie-esque nemesis saunter to her usual table, pretending she didn't hear any of the gossip swirling around the room. However, her confidence shattered as one of her minions dropped her handbag right in the spot where she was about to sit.

"Sorry, this is a starfish free zone." Everyone heard the scathing jab and the room erupted in laughter a moment later. I wish I could have felt bad watching her run out of the lunchroom in embarrassment, but the revenge tasted too sweet. 

"That was better than we could have planned," Angel chuckled, looking happier than I had seen him all day, "The starfish bit was a bonus."

I couldn't help but smile as I replied, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."