Stupid Girl

Angel was right. I needed to be straight forward with Alastor. If he liked me and I liked him, then wouldn't it make sense for us to be together?

I spent the entire morning summoning all the courage I could muster in order to confront him at lunch. As a result, I completely forgot to write down the homework for my Algebra class. Finally, lunchtime came and I found myself walking over to Alastor's table.

"Hey, Alastor, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked, and to my mortification, his entire table fell silent so they could listen in. Alastor, on the other hand, gave me an encouraging smile.

"I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie after school?" I said, finding a bit of the courage I had worked so hard to build up, "I mean, after the dance and everything I thought..."

"Oh, Alastor, there you are!" Cassy's high pitched voice interrupted. The little blonde she-devil appeared out of nowhere. I watched in horror, heart hammering in my chest, as she kissed him. Right. In. Front. Of. Everyone.

Unable to say anything more than a self-pittying squeak, I turned on my heel and ran. Somewhere behind me I heard Alastor shout my name, but I kept running until I found a bathroom to hide in. 

Shutting myself in a stall, I sank down on the closed lid of the toliet and began to sob. I had never felt so stupid in my life, living or dead.