Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Vareen's Point of View

"Good evening everyone! Tonight, we celebrate the Vander's Empire 50th anniversary. I would like to thank everyone of you who made it here tonight." Jayce started. "Fifty years ago, my grandfather, Jefferson Vander, started a small corporation, a land and housing corporation. Starting a small corporation never became easy to my grandfather, he went through ups and downs and that corporation almost got drowned with debts. But my grandfather, never lose hope, instead he created a way more better startegy and in an instant, investors came to him and the corporation started to grow again. Grandpa taught my father, Jackson Vander, how to be a better businessman at a very young age, when Dad graduated, he immediately took over the corporation and turned it into an empire, which is now, the Vander Empire."

I can still remember how my grandfather told me a story happily about his friendship with Jefferson Vander, they were best friends for a long time, I also got shocked knowing that they used to love one woman before, which is my grandmother. Lola at first didn't chose between them instead she chose to go away, Lolo said that it was destiny that brought them together again. By that time, they were all already mature enough and Jefferson accepted what happened na lang, and eventually fell in love with my grandma's best friend.

Oliver took over the microphone, at doon ko na lang din napansin ang matatalim na titig ni Jayce, "This night, we're not only going to celebrate our 50th anniversary, we will also acknowledge all of our hardworking staff's efforts and dedication to our company, without you all, we won't be achieving this success we have right now on where we are standing. I would like to present you all to our newly built architectural building!" The whole place lit up at doon ko na mas lalong nakita ang kagandahan ang loob ng gusali, almost everything is made of glass. With this insane architectural design, for sure ay si Oliver ang nagplano nito.

Nagsipalakpakan kaming lahat, while admiring the beauty of the interior of the building.

"I'm so proud of them." I heard Mom, I looked at her at nakita ko ang pagpunas sa tumutulo niya luha. Her and Dad hugged each other.

Tumingin muli ako sa stage. "And here in our one time celebration, we celebrate my brother, Jayden Vander, his homecoming!" Lumabas si Jaydee from the backstage at nagsipalakpakan ang mga tao, Jayce and Oliver hugged him and handed him over the mic. I smiled at him. Damn, he looks so sexy on that gray suit.

"I'm nervous here!" He started at napatawa pa, narinig ko naman ang mahinang pagtawa ng iba.

"Thank you, Kuya Jayce and Oliver for this." He nervously chuckled and looked at me. "I've been flying high and low for the past five years, being a pilot is indeed hard. But nothing really gets difficult when you've got some inspiration and happiness to lean on. God! I'm so lucky to have you." May mga kinilig pa at sumipol mula sa madla. "Tonight, I am glad to introduce you my wife, please join me here, Vareen Meira Vander." Bumaba si Jaydee sa papunta sa table namin at tsaka ako inalalayan, we both walked in to the stage. Most of the people in the crowd are clapping in joy while the others are shocked.

There on the stage, I saw Jayce palms are clenched while throwing me sharp looks. What is wrong with him?