Chapter 11: Final Goodbye

[ Naruto POV ]
Sasuke tossed me his phone.
"Who is it"
I was confused because he shouldn't have anyone's phone number from home.
"Your caretaker"
He must mean Kurama. Why does he have Kurama's number. When did Kurama give Sasuke's his number? I ignored my questions and put the phone up to my ear.
"Hello"
"We're moving"
I don't want to go anywhere right now.
"I-"
"Naruto, that scene you caused at school was put online and spread. This is what's necessary for your safety. Do you understand"
I knew he was right but I still want to stay right here. I ignored that thought,
"I do"
"How's your fever"
"It's almost gone"
"Good"
I paused for a second,
"What about the others"
"They can stay or go with us. It all depends on them"
"I see"
It looks like I'm being a burden to others again.
"I'm coming back later tonight so pack your bag and leave while the Uchiha is sleeping. I'll be waiting for you outside of Sasuke's house.
The line went quite and I sighed. It seemed like Kurama understood what the sign meant.
"Please understand that I'm doing this for both his and yours safety"
I felt tears in the corner of my eyes and I held them back,
"I understand"
"I'll see you tonight"
Kurama hung up, I handed the phone back to Sasuke, and look down. I don't want to leave but Kurama's right. That scene on the stairs yesterday was recorded and will put me in serious trouble. It would put Sasuke in a bad position to because I'm staying with hims. I've been staying here for to long.
It's my fault again.
"Is everything okay"
I gave him a forced smile.
"It's just that one of my goldfish died yesterday"
"Oh"
The room went into an uncomfortable silent.
"I should get your dinner"
"Thanks"
Sasuke walked out of the room. I could feel tears I was holding in my eyes spill out. They just kept rolling down my face without stoping. I just sat there staring at the wall with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I couldn't stop my tears in time and Sasuke walked in a little later than usual. My gaze didn't shift to Sasuke, I just kept looking at the white wall in front of me. I didn't look at him even when I heard him drop the tray with everything on it. I heard when the tray hit the ground, when the bowl of porridge broke, when the glass cup shattered, and when the knife clanged on the floor. I felt Sasuke's arms as he wrapped around me. I slowly moved my gaze to Sasuke. I felt how tight he hugged me as if telling me not to leave him.
"Sasuke"
"It's okay. Everything is going to be okay"
I was hesitant but slowly moved my arms to hug Saskue was well and dig my head into his shoulder. My silent cries turned into wails that filled the room. I felt safe in his arms. I felt that even if everything was against us I would feel safe in his arms. I don't want to leave, I want to stay right here.....
But I can't.

I stoped crying after a few minutes and Saskue insisted that I should sit on his lap. He kept his arms around me.
"Sasuke"
"Hn"
"Want to hear a story"
"Hn"
I took that was an invitation,
"A long time ago there was a girl who was kept in a small cabin, kept away from everyone. She didn't know her parents or if she had any siblings. One day the girl wanted to go meet people so she opened the door for the first time and walked out. She didn't know where she was or how to get to a town. The only thing she knew was that she was surround by forest and had to find a river leading to a city"
Saskue rested his head on my shoulder.
"The only thing she knew about the outside world came from books the were kept in the cabin. She wandered around the forest but always ended up in the same place, in front of her cabin. The girl gave up trying to find a city and went back to living her boring life in her small cabin"
I paused for a few seconds to check if Sasuke was still listening.
"A week later, in the middle of the night, she heard a knock on her door. The girl opened the door to find a young man. She invited him in and the girl let him stay the night. The girl was excited that there was another person besides her in the cabin for the first time. The boy stayed there for a year because the girl didn't want him to leave. The two grew closer over the course of that year. The boy had to go back to the city to his family and told the girl to come back with him to the city. The girl followed him with no questions asked"
Sasuke stood up with me in his arms.
"What are you doing"
"Bathroom"
"Leave me here at least"
He squeezed me tighter not wanting to let go.
"I'll be here when you come back"
He set me down and walked to the bathroom. A maid came in with two glasses of water and gave them to me.
"Thank you"
I put down a glass on the night stand, pulled a container out of my pocket, poured the contents of the container in glass I was holding, and put the container back in my pocket.

Sasuke walked back into the room from the bathroom and pulled me back on his lap.
"Do you want me to continue the story"
"Hn"
I was holding the glass of water with both my hands as I continued with the story. Along the way I was drinking the water from the cup assuring that it was safe to drink. The cup was half empty or half full, depending on your mindset. Sasuke put his hand around my cup.
"Sasuke yours is over there"
I loosened my grip on my cup and he slid it out of my hand.
"But your cup is closer"
He drank the rest of the water in the cup and I continued with the story.

"The girl was burned at the stake being called a witch with the baby that was growing in her stomach. The boy, who was cheating with another women, only wanted the girl to make him powerful and when she died he went to his other women. He lived his life in bliss until he was poisoned by one of his maids"
I struggled to get out of the sleeping Sasuke's grasp because every time I moved the would tighten his hold on me. I got out and left him in the chair with a pillow to use as me. I put a blanket over him to keep him warm. I looked at him one more time and felt a tear roll down my face. I walked out of the room, grabbed my stuff from the other, and walked outside. I was meet by Kurama standing next to a van. I wiped my tears and walked to Kurama.
"Naruto..."
"I'm okay Kurama"
Kurama opened the door revealing Shikamaru, Sai, Ino, Choji, Lee, Neji, Tenten, Kiba, and Shino.
"Hey there's the trouble maker"
"This is a drag"
"You guys came"
"Everyone expect Billboard Brow"
"Hurry and get in"
"Our flight will leave without us"
I put a smile on my face,
"Yeah"
I got into the car,
"Is everyone ready"
"Where are going"
"You'll see"
Ino pointed forward,
"To the airport"
Kurama started driving toward the airport. It might have been the middle of night but our car was lively. I looked out the window,
Goodbye.

[ Sasuke POV ]
I woke up to see sunlight coming from the curtains. The weight on lap that belong to Naruto was gone. I got up quickly dropping the pillow and looked around the room for any signs of him. I opened the to the bathroom door but he wasn't there. I search all over the house.

I was walking down the hall and saw one of the maids holding bed sheets.
"Where's Naruto"
"I don't know"
I pushed her aside and kept searching.
"Master"
I was getting irritated,
"What"
"There was a note for you on the dining room table"
I walked fast to the dining room and saw a piece of paper along with the bracelet Naruto always wore to school. I started trembling when I open tree opened the note. There was only one thing written on it 'Goodbye.' He left, he left me.

[ Third Person POV ]
Those words were on replay in his mind. As he walked to his room and shut himself in.
One boy was on his way to start a new life while the other was stuck dwelling in the past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 1505