Chapter 29: Home

[ Third Person POV ]
Everyone was gathered in the kitchen talking about what to do next.
"We're going back to the house"
Shikamaru objected the idea that Naruto had proposed.
"We can't"
"Why is that"
Shikamaru sighed,
"This is proof that you weren't listening to us yesterday"
Naruto wasn't listening because he was to worried about why Sasuke wasn't paying attention to him. They solved the problem but Naruto didn't finish his conversation with Shikamaru and Tenten.
"I was listening"
"I told you that everything we said went into one ear and out the other"
They all sighed and Shikamaru started saying everything he was saying yesterday.
"As I was saying yesterday we have another problem"
Naruto sighed and muttered.
"When will I get a break"
Kurama started speaking,
"Some of my friends have been saying that the kids they're protecting are being kidnapped"
"What does that have to do with us"
Kurama had a really serious look on his face.
"All of them are apart of the nine"
Naruto sighed and gained a serious face as well.
"It's the Akatsuki isn't it"
Shikamaru nodded,
"None of the people kidnapped have been found"
With the mention of the Akatsuki and the nine made Sasuke stiffen. His brother had joined the Akatsuki after killing the main Uchiha family and now that brother was coming after his Naruto. Sasuke wrapped his hands around Naruto's waist protectively. The conversation paused as everyone stared at what Sasuke had done. Naruto's face started turning a light pink. Ino smirked and the conversation restarted.
"Naruto, you will be a target so your staying out for a while"
Naruto shook his head,
"I have classes to attend"
That statement got shot down quickly by Kurama.
"There's something else..."
Naruto our the idea at the back of his mind.
"What"
"Since your parents are...you know....dead"
Naruto froze again the mention of his parents. That's right, his parents had died. Naruto had pushed that fact to the back of his mind in hopes of forgetting but he knew that it would come up again.
"Right...."
Shikamaru continued speaking,
"Someone has been searching for you regarding your parents"
Naruto had to act strong to keep himself together,
"Who"
"Your father's remaining student, Kakashi Hatake"
Remaining student.... Minito's other students died. Rin died from blood loss because she was on of the nine. Obito killed himself because Rin had died.
"Where is he"
"He's walking around the city"
"Alright"
Naruto pulled his phone out of his pocket and started dialing a number. He put the phone to his ear listening to the ring.
"Are you-"
Naruto our his finger against his lips quieting everyone. The phone stoped ring meaning the person on the other end had picked up.
"I hear your looking for me"
Naruto started having a conversation with the person on the other end of the phone.
"Meet me at XXX restaurant in 10"
He pulled the phone from his ear and hung up. Shikamaru looked at me with irritation. Naruto smiled,
"We have to get going"
Naruto placed the cup he was holding on the counter and removed Sasuke's arm off his waist.
"Naruto"
"Let's go see an old friend"

Naruto was sitting in a booth on the opposite side of Kakashi with Sasuke sitting next to him and the others were standing outside.
"How is Iruka-sensei doing"
"Fine"
"That's nice"
The food the group had ordered had been set on the table and they started eating.
"Naruto"
Naruto looked up from his ice cream,
"Yeah"
"Your parents-"
"You want me to take over the Hidden Leaf right"
He continued eating his ice cream as Kakashi explained the situation.

Naruto had a spoon in his mouth and was on his finished with is fifth bowl of ice cream.
"Hmmm"
He looked at Sasuke,
"What should I do"
Sasuke responded with his normal,
"Hn"
Naruto understood what Sasuke said while Kakashi was confused.
"I'll do it"
"Your going back home then"
Home....
Naruto hadn't been to that house ever since he had left to make his own Mafia group.
"I'll just be visiting"
"May I ask when"
"Later tonight"
"I'll inform the others"
Kakashi raised his hand,
"Check please"
The workers walked over and placed a receipt on the table.
"I'll pay"
Sasuke placed his debit card on the receipt. Kakashi looked at the card and placed the card in front of Sasuke.
"It's alright"
Sasuke was stubborn and placed his card right over the receipt again. Kakashi was going to move it again but Naruto stoped him.
"Just let him pay"
The waiter picked up the receipt and Sasuke paid for the food. All of them stood up and walked out of the restaurant. They were meet with the others sitting on the bench playing games. Kiba looked up,
"Are we leaving"
Naruto nodded and they split ways with Kakashi.
"I'll see you tonight Kakashi"
The group of kids walked back to their hideout.