Chapter 28: Saved

[ Sasuke POV ]
Naruto's hand had stoped petting my head. He must of fallen asleep. Right? I took my head off out of his neck and picked up one of Naruto's hand. I touched his wrist and felt Naruto's pulse. His heart heart was still beating and I felt relief wash over me. I sighed and let go of his hand.

I heard someone walk into the building. I pulled a gun out and shot. The bullet got the wall meaning the person had some skill. The person spoke,
"Why are you holding onto a corpse"
I looked up at the person and saw Sakura.
"He's not dead"
"Then why hasn't he reacted to the sound"
I shot at her again but missed because I was getting angry. Naruto took a gun from his waist and shot Sakura in the shoulder. He was panting and dropped the gun. I stood up while holding Naruto and set him on the floor. He stumbled and I supported him. I looked back at Sakura who was holding her shoulder.
"He's dying because of you"
"What"
"Ever since you forgot about Naruto, you've been making him suffer"
I looked at Naruto and saw that he was panting like he had finished running a marathon.
"Hey"
His head slowly turned to me and gave me a gentle smile.
"It's funny that he could still smile"
I started pulling the trigger and shooting Sakura. She was shooting her gun to but was aiming at Naruto. I shot her in the stomach multiple times before he could injure Naruto.

My attention turned to Naruto but Sakura started shooting again. I picked Naruto and started running for shelter. I found a another room and tried to open the door. The door was locked so I kicked it down. I squatted down with Naruto has bullets made holes in the wall above me. I looked at Sakura though the empty space in the wall. I looked at Naruto's hand and saw that he was still holding on to his sniper case. I remember that Naruto had put a mini machine gun in the case when we were in that armory. I opened the case and pulled out the first gun I felt. It was the sniper. From this distance this should pierce whatever is protecting her. I put a bullet in the chamber, aimed at Sakura's stomach and pulled the tighter. The bullet went straight threw Sakura stomach but she didn't fall.
"Damn"
I kept reloading, aiming, and shooting at her.

I looked at Sakura's unmoving body than turned my attention to Naruto. I set the gun down and stared at him. He hasn't moved from where I laid him down. I bent down kept shaking him,
"Wake up"
He didn't move. His body became motionless.
"You prancing me right"
I kept shaking him over and over but his eyes wouldn't open. Every time I shook Naruto I yelled his name begging him to wake up and saying that he was just playing around. It's finally sunk in. Naruto....
Naruto had run out of time. I felt the warm drops of water rolling down my face. My throat had gone dry but I kept yellling even if it hurt.
"Don't leave me"
My voice had gotten softer from emotion,
"You can't leave me here"
My body started trembling and my voice became shaky. I had stoped shaking Naruto and pull him into my arms.
"I know I forgot about you. I caused you pain but I still love you"
I paused,
"I need you to survive Naruto"
I looked down and saw drops of water falling on Naruto's face. I started choking on whines, I was trying to hold them back. I pulled him closer and pressed my forehead against his.

I was still holding Naruto's body in my arms wishing for him to wake up. Naruto started coughing. I pulled away to look at Naruto's whole face and check that I wasn't hallucinating. I was met with opening sky bile eyes. The tears had stoped started filling up my eyes again. The tears over filled and ran down my face. These tears weren't caused by pain but relief. A small smile appeared on Naruto's face,
"I never thought I'd never see an Uchiha cry"
He slowly sat up and kept coughing up flowers. I hugged him and tears kept running down my face, dripping onto his.
"Come on Sasuke. Don't cry, your acting like a child"
"Don't do that to me again"
"Hehe, I won't"
I hugged him tighter,
"Promise"
He patted my back,
"I promise"
Naruto pushed me back and looked me in the eye. He started wiping away the tears on my face while smiling. He pulled his hand away,
"Thank you for saving us"
One eye was blue and the other was crimson. Both eyes complimenting each other. It was a beautiful sight seeing the two eyes together and that was going to be mine. Naruto started standing up but I pulled him back down. He looked back at me in confusion. I felt guilt wash over me from what Sakura said.
"Was it my fault"
He smiled and shook his head.
"This one's on me"