Chapter two **

Ivy followed Newt out of the creaky building he called the homestead, and outside into a large open field with random little huts throughout it

Ivy followed Newt out of the creaky building he called the homestead, and outside into a large open field with random little huts throughout it. "Alby is going to give you the tour of the place, but I will meet up with you after," he told her. Ivy looked to him with wide eyes, "Wait, you're not coming with me?" She asked alarmed, Newt was the only person she knew and could possibly trust; but he was leaving her with someone new already.

Newt gave her a small smile as they started to walk up to the man who ran the show around here. "Alby is in charge here, he would never hurt you, you have nothing to worry about," Newt told the green eyed brunette. Ivy let out a shaky breath, "Are you sure?" She asked, Newt chuckled. "I swear on my life," he told her, ending the conversation when Alby met them the rest of the way.

"You ready Green Bean?" Alby asked with a smirk, Ivy looked to Newt then back to the man in front of her and nodded slowly. "Okay good, lets go," he said before giving Newt a nod and then turning and walking away. Without a word, Ivy gave Newt a tiny wave and jogged off, so she could catch up with Alby's long strides.

The two walked around the glade, Alby telling her facts and details of the place, but much to his disappointment, the curious girl didn't listen to a single thing he told her. The only thing that interested Alby in the girl was the fact that she didn't look scared, she looked intrigued as her eyes soaked in all the details of the four walls surrounding them. "Hey Green bean, are you even listening?" Alby asked, Ivy looked up to the boy confused and debated on if she should just be honest and tell him that she didn't have a single idea what he said.

Letting her head fall, she shook her head. "No, I'm not," she admitted, Alby sighed and ran a hand over his face. "I'll get Newt to go over the rules with you later," He told her as they continued to walk. "Just, try to pay attention to the rest okay?" he asked with a tone of defeat. Nodding, Ivy trailed behind Alby once more and focused on the rest of the tour she received. Alby told her about the jobs that each boy did, explained how she wasn't allowed behind the walls unless she had a specific job, and she even learned about the keepers.

Once the tour was over, Ivy walked away from Alby and towards the patch of forest known as the deadheads, Alby told her. She sat of the edge of the forest line where the sun met the trees and formed a solid line cutting the scorching heat the sun provided, and the cool breeze of the shady trees. Ivy leaned her back against a tree trunk and let her green eyes wander over all the boys who worked in the heat. Ivy sighed, was she going to ruin what they all had here? She was the only girl here, there had to be a reason for that. Letting her eyes drift to the grass covered floor, Ivy's gaze landed on a single daisy about three feet away from her.

Ivy wrapped her fingers around the green stem of the white daisy and pulled on it until it broke from it's roots and laid in her hand. Ivy sat and admired the small but beautiful petals of the flower, admiring the beauty that she found in the flower, that the Glade lacked. Ivy pushed her hair behind her ear before placing the flower in her hair too. Closing her eyes and enjoying the cool breeze, Ivy started to hum a tune that sounded so familiar, but she couldn't remember where she had learnt it.

"That's pretty," she heard, and voice say with a thick accent, only one person she knew had an accent in the Glade besides hers. Her eyes darted up to the boy, and she saw Newt standing in front of her with a small smile on his face. "T-Thank you," she said softly, her voice reminding Newt of the melody of a song. "Come on Greenie," Newt said clearing his throat. "It's time for dinner," he added with a smile, reaching his hand down to help her up. Reaching up, she took his hand and he helped her to her feet. The two walked sided-by-side to the line up of boys waiting for their dinner. Every few seconds, the line would inch forward indicating that someone new had gotten food and was finding somewhere to sit and eat.

Once the two got to the front of the line, Frypan gave Newt and Ivy their food, slipping Ivy extra dessert making her smile. "Thank you," she said before following behind Newt and to a table where an Asian boy and Alby stood. When Ivy sat down, the Asian boy's eyes darted to her, "Hey green," he said with a small smile. "What no bean at the end of it?" she shot back in a joking tone making the boys at the table all chuckle. "Your eyes are green," he told her with a hint of a smirk. "The names Minho, shank," he added on the end, reaching his hand across the table for her to shake. Ivy placed her hand in Minho's and gave him a smile as well.

"Ivy, nice to meet you." She said smiling.