30)For Legal Reasons Only

An: I was challenged to make this part long so it's over 3.1k words (a bunch of stuff happens)

"Wait Clarke!" A voice called from a few feet away. It was Octavia. She ran over to where we are all huddled around Aden and bent down next to me so she could talk to me.

"Lexa wants to come with."

"You and Bellamy are supposed to be keeping her away, Aden doesn't want to see her."

"Clarke. You can't take Aden to the hospital if you can't fill out the appropriate legal forms so that he can be admitted and seen as a patient. We need Lexa whether you like it or not."

I paused and considered what Octavia had just said. "I don't like it...but you're right."

"I'm always right."

I rolled my eyes and shifted my focus to Bellamy and Lexa. Bellamy was standing with his back towards us, holding his arms out so Lexa couldn't get past. Lexa looked like she was really hurting but it's a little hard to take her seriously when she's holding the damn tortoise.

"Aden your mom has to come with us to the hospital. I know you don't want to see her but she loves you and wants to make sure you are ok."

Aden looked defeated and glanced over to Lexa who I guess he had spotted when Octavia and I were talking about her.

"Ok." Aden agreed. "But please stay with me mommy."

"I'm not going anywhere Aden. I promise."

Aden gave me a small smile and then we all helped him stand up. I motioned for Lexa to come over and she handed Bellamy Harold and ran over to us.

Lexa stopped a few feet away from Aden and kneeled down on the ground, looking right into his soft dark eyes. Lexa's eyes started to tear up and mine did too just watching them.

"I'm sorry for leaving Aden." Lexa whispered, tears flooding down her cheeks now. "I'm so sorry."

Aden started to cry too and Lexa moved forward pulling him into a hug. I expected him to fight back or something but was inexplicably relieved when he relaxed into her hold.

"I'm so sorry Aden." Lexa repeated again.

"It's ok mom." Aden mumbled, pulling away from the hug. All of a sudden I heard light sniffles from my side and looked to see Madi trying not to cry.

"Madi." Lexa mumbled, giving her a small but sad smile. "I'm sorry for leaving you too."

I watched as Madi also started crying and moved to hug Lexa. I never realized Madi missed her so much and I feel bad for turning Lexa away yesterday. I knew I couldn't just stand here anymore watching this or I would breakdown too so I fought back my tears and tried to speak up.

"Come on Aden we have to go to the hospital now. Madi and Lexa y'all are riding with me."

Lexa seemed surprised but nodded quickly, following the kids and I to the car. I carried Aden because he seemed dizzy, making me worried he was concussed. Once I buckled him up in the backseat I cheeked his pupils to see if there was any extreme head trauma but was relieved to find his eyes were normal.

I was about to find Madi so I could help her into her seat and buckle her up but I realized that Lexa was already on the other side of the car doing exactly that. For a brief moment I paused, just watching Lexa help Madi. For the first time in the last few months I didn't feel my heart throbbing for 5 seconds, as I watched Madi get buckled in. I'm so used to the constant pain but now in this brief moment there has been a weight lifted off my chest. I can breathe again.