Date

A/N - Hi I hate everything as per usual :) Side note when Unus Annus ends I'm gonna cry

John's POV

   I heard a knock at the door and I frowned. I opened it and Alex smiled up at me. "Hey! What happened? Are you ok? I thought you had lunch with-"
   "It's over. I left her. You were right." He huffed, I grinned and yanked him in the house by the waist. I kissed him deeply, not wasting a second more. Fireworks erupted in my stomach and I prayed he'd kiss me back. Alex leaned into me and I tightened my grip on his waist. After moment he pulled away and touched his lips, looking down. I gently lifted his chin and smiled. 
   "You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that." I whispered, Alex smiled and blushed hard. I moved to kiss him again and he stepped back. 
   "John...you have a boyfriend."
   "No-...I-...It's complicated." I sighed. 
   "You need to talk to Francis."
   "I know. I just-" I sighed and kissed the back of his hand. "I think I love you, Alex." I whispered, Alex flushed red and shifted. "I know that's weird to say but I need you to hear it. I need you to know that." I explain hastily, Alex nodded slowly and sniffed.
   "I don't know what I want right now, John. I just need some time to think." 
   "Of course. Take all the time you need."
   "Thank you. Um-...I have to go but I'll see you later. I promise."
   "Yeah. Definitely." I smiled, nodding  and shifting. 
   "Bye, Jack." 
   "Bye, Alex." He left and I grabbed my phone, calling Francis. He picked up after a moment and I bit my lip hard. 
   "Hey, John. Everything ok?" 
   "Yeah...um...Can we talk?" 
   "Sure. What's up?" 
   "In person. Can you meet me at the park in fifteen?" 
   "Sure thing."
   "Ok, thank you."
   "See you soon, J." 
   "See you..." I sighed heavily and hung up. I grabbed my jacket and stepped out into the cold. I walked to the park and headed off to the bench near the Starbucks. I saw Francis sitting there and I huffed. I sat next to him and he smiled. 
   "Hey. You ok?" 
   "I-...I kissed Alex." I spat out, Francis nodded slowly and I shifted. "I'm sorry." 
   "John...I told you from the get go...I just want you to be happy. Does kissing Alex make you happy?" 
   "Yeah..." I sniffed.
   "Then kiss him."
   "But...What about you?" 
   "I'll be fine. Go be happy. Marry Alex. Be the King...The queen? Wait-..." I started laughing and Francis chuckled. "Live your life." He smiled.
   "Are you sure?" 
   "Yeah. I love you, John. I just want you to be happy and if you're happy with someone else then so be it." I smiled lightly and pecked him on the lips. 
   "I had fun." I smiled.
   "I had fun too." 
   "Thank you, Francis." I smiled and hugged him. "Also Kitty really does like you." I grinned, he chuckled and shrugged. 
   "Good to know." He smiled. "So...are you gonna marry Alex?" 
   "I don't know. He doesn't know what to do right now. I think he's still scared." I sighed. 
   "Well...If you don't go get him I'll kick your ass, Laurens." Francis nudged me and I chuckled. 
   "Alright, alright. Thanks." I smiled, we got up and hugged once more. "Bye, Francis." 
   "I'll see you Monday." He smiled, I started off and smiled to myself. "Hey!" Francis yelled, making me turn to look at him. "You better invite me to the fucking wedding!" 
   "I will!" I called back, turning and continuing home. I felt a wave of relief wash over me and I felt the tension in my shoulders relax. My glucose monitor beeped and I huffed, pulling it off my waistband. "Holy fuck. I need to relax." I sighed.

   I made it home and ate something to hopefully raise my blood sugar and sat down. My phone buzzed and I picked it up. Alex was calling me, I smiled and answered. "I miss you." His voice chimed when I answered, I laughed and laid down on the couch. 
   "I miss you too. What are you doing?" 
   "Dumb stuff." 
   "What dumb stuff?" I asked curiously.
   "I'm working on my studies if you must know." He hummed.
   "Ah, I see. What are you doing?"
   "Calculus." 
   "Ew." We started laughing and he sighed. 
   "Can I make math illegal?"
   "I don't think you can do that, Lex." 
   "Aw but I wanna!" He whined.
   "Tragic." 
   "Wow! Thanks, nerd." He giggled, I smiled and shifted.
   "So...Are you gonna start wearing skirts again?" 
   "Yes. In fact, I'm wearing one now." He hummed.
   "Good. I don't like it when you wear pants. It's like a painting that's only slightly crooked and no matter what you do it's just crooked."
   "Wow...That's an explanation." He giggled.
   "Yeah. You look amazing in dresses." I smiled.
   "Th-Thanks." He stammered. 
   "Hey...Do you maybe wanna go out some time?" I asked nervously.
   "Oh...John...Um-" I bit my lip and sighed. "I'd like that...a lot." He hummed, I grinned and sat up. 
   "Great. Um-...when are you free?" 
   "Uh...I'm free tonight...If that's ok with you."
   "That's perfect." I smiled. "I'll see you tonight." 
   "I'll see you tonight. Bye, John." 
   "Bye, Alex." He hung up and I grinned. We have a date.