🔸Forgive

"Y/n, you're in no state to fight!"

Taking a step forwards, you ignored the repeating sentence in your head, staring ahead. You had been healed to an extent, but apparently your hand was beyond basic healing, a reminder that summoning a liquid blade on Shifty was a terrible idea.

This was your fourth match, considering that you had faced Kirishima and Tokoyami after your first fight. You had gone all out on your first match, and you had continued the grind and had beaten them easily, or well... Tokoyami was difficult, but you managed.

Izuku was the one constantly warning you not to fight, that was until he was sent into the nurses office for his injures in the fight with Todoroki. You weren't surprised, but considering that the message of not getting hurt was coming from a hypocrite, you disregarded it.

I'm going to win this fight.

Facing the boy in the square like figure with you, you reached to scratch the back of your head looking mildly bored. Instead you were calculating, considering that the boy could use his ice and fire, he'd be trouble, lots of trouble. You didn't even know how you'd defeat him. His ice would you keep you away and ask for defence, and yet the fire could do damage, considering how hot he could make it.

"Final match is between Y/n L/n and Shoto Todoroki! Begin!"

You watched as his ice began to creep, spiking quickly through the ground to face you. Putting a hand up, you let the ice reach you, your eyes blank as Shifty appeared in your hands.

"Graphite Blade."

Cutting through the ice that he had summoned, you had to use more force than you would've liked, but it got the job done. The ice split, two sides creating a wall beside either side of you.

What a nuisance...

You let Shifty disappear, bringing Cobalt in your hands as you used it as a grapple hook to swing yourself over the big wall of ice. You watched as he simply summoned more ice, and you used Shifty again, the situation playing itself out the exact same way.

Whatever happened, he'd only summon ice, so with a plain expression on your face you finally asked, bored from having to dodge only ice. It was getting annoying, although it kept you on your toes.

"Why aren't you using your heated side?" Eyes snapping to yours, you could tell it was deep, the reason why he didn't want to use his full quirk.

"It's my fathers," he simply stated. "I won't follow into his footsteps, not into what he wants me to do."

So we both have daddy issues...

Narrowing your eyes, you crossed your arms. "So, you admit that the ice you control is not your quirk either." Honestly- discussing this topic was pointless, but if you could get the boy to use his full quirk, you'd have a much better feeling after beating him.

Or I'll end up like Izuku and regret it.

Probably the latter.

"What do you mean? Of course the ice is mine."

Putting a hand to your chin, you leaned back. "Isn't it your moms though...? I mean, if you're addressing the fire side of you your fathers quirk, it's fair to say that the whole quirk isn't yours at all."

"I don't get what you're trying to say."

Dumbass, what I'm saying is that fire isn't your dads quirk, the mix of the two if yours, just yours. Using your quirk isn't playing into your dads hands.

"Fire and ice," you stated, sweatdropping at the fact that you even had to explain this. "That's your quirk right? Half-hot half-cold, your dad has a completely different quirk, maybe it's time you think of this quirk as your own, not your fathers."