♦️Embrace

Okay, so this part is dedicated to you and Izuku, a little drabble like the one before with Kacchan.

Anyways enjoy!

-•-

Still in your hospital bed, you sat pouting, a bored look on your face as you glanced around. There was nothing to do- in all honesty, you'd tried everything, the nurses, the cool tools near your bed, playing with the sheets.

Ugh, this sucks.

Leaning your head on the wall, you let out a groan, puffing out your cheeks.

I'm going to die of boredom-

Just then however, a little green haired boy poked his face at the side of your curtain, eyes big and wide as he stared at your figure. With a wild exclamation, you waved him over, happy to have finally found a source of entertainment.

"Izuku!" You nearly bounced out of your bed as the boy approached, smiling widely at your reaction. "I swear- I almost died from boredom! Please tell me you brought something to play with-"

He sat on your bed, revealing something he was hiding behind his back earlier. "Of course!" He exclaimed back, and you noticed how much more confident he was compared to earlier with the other boys. You stared at the game in his hand, eyes brightening.

"Twister! But wait- I can't play..." you frowned, and a good idea came to mind instead. "Wait- actually, I have a good idea."

He raised an eyebrow, and with a smirk you told him to set up the game. After watching him set up the little mattress, you held the spinny thing. "I'm gonna make sure you get into the worst position ever! Let's see how flexible you are Izuku-"

He sweatdropped, but wanting to make you happy he stood. "Fine- but if I don't drop, you have to do something for me, okay?"

"Fine, same thing goes to me if you do drop."

He stands no chance-

And the game began.

-•-

You couldn't get him to drop, no matter what position you put him in. You figured it was younger kids flexibility, because the boy might as well have been doing the splits. You both had been playing for a little more than an hour, and the green haired boy was now sweating.

"Fine..." you pouted, "You win... now what do you want me to do?" You weren't happy with your loss, but you had been entertain for quite a while, so you didn't really mind the whole situation in general.

Standing up, Izuku wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead, smiling brightly. "Hmmmmm," he thought about it for a bit, and plopping down in the bed next to you, he had a light flush on his cheeks. "Y-you have to kiss me on the cheek!"

That's not that bad.

"Okay!" You said happily, leaning over to press a kiss to his cheek softly. You pulled away right after, giggling at his flushed and flustered face.

Rubbing his cheek, he stared down, "What w-would you have chosen? If you won..."

Easy.

"A new nickname for you," you stated. "And you would've had to agree and bear with it! Something like broccoli, or greeny- or... what did I use to call you when I was younger...?"

His face scrunched up at the thought of those other nicknames, he must've really not liked them. "You had trouble pronouncing your k's... I think. So you called me Izuwu, it kinda sounds cute actually." Glancing at you he smiled, "I wouldn't mind if you decided to go back to calling me that."

"Really? Then it's decided, you're now Izuwu!"

Staying silent for the next few seconds, you both burst into giggles right after, rolling around in your hospital bed as you sat up, wiping a tear from your face. "That takes me back, you haven't changed at all though Izuku... I mean Izuwu."

He nodded, looking lively as he sat back up. "Yeah..." he glanced over to you, face frowning when he noticed the amount of bandages wrapped around your head and arms. "Does that hurt...?"

Moving it around, you shrugged, not really paying mind to it. "Eh, not really, feels about the same, the bandages are annoying though, I wish they took them off."

Izuku's face darkened, but he managed a smile, inching closer. "I... I don't want you getting hurt Y/n..."

"I know."

He rolled his eyes, but with a sigh he grimaced. "You've gotta protect yourself, okay?" He threw a couples cute little fake punches, "Like- bam bam! You know how to hit really hard, so just make sure that no one messes with you!"

With a nod, you smiled, holding your arms out to embrace him. He wrapped his arms around your neck, pressing his face against your shoulder. "Mhm! I will, same goes for you, I promise I'll protect you too."

You felt him nod against your shoulder, and you relaxed against him, both of you staying like that for a while.

I'll get stronger, strong enough to protect myself.

And the people I care about.