15

Third Person

brinnley walked downstairs to see her parents, and sister clara waiting for her with a cupcake singing happy birthday. she smiled at the three as they sang. once they finished she blew out the candle on it and they clapped.

"did you even make a wish?" clara asked her.

"yes i did, and no i'm not going to tell you what it was" brinnley said as her mom handed her the cupcake.

"i know amara is picking you up soon so i just made you this" her mom, liz, told her. "happy birthday sweetie"

"happy birthday brinnley. i have to run now but i'll see you later" her dad, cole, said as he gave her a hug and a kiss on the forehead, did the same to clara and liz, and left for work.

they heard a car honking outside and some yelling soon after cole had left. they laughed and brinnley got her stuff together for school.

"that is definitely amara and evelyn, clara you can ride with us if you want, we're going to the same place so" brinnley said on her way out the door.

clara shook her head. "no it's fine, jess's mom is picking me up, y'all are loud anyway, but thanks for the offer"

brinnley rolled her eyes jokingly and said her goodbyes and skipped to amara's car as her two friends sang happy birthday to her.

"LEGAL BITCH IN THE HOUSE" evelyn yelled happily.

"oh my that's so gross don't say that" brinnley said squirming in her seat.

"she's not wrong, but okay" amara said as she pulled off to their school. "does clara need a ride?"

brinnley shook her head. "jess's mom is picking her up and she claims we are too loud so she doesn't want to come with us"

"okay that hurts i'm not loud my volume is just always at its maximum" amara said laughing slightly.

"wait. brinnley why are you even here? it's your birthday you shouldn't have to go to school" evelyn stated.

"yeah i know but i have a quiz and i have to talk to some of my teachers so i decided to come" brinnley shrugged.

"well since it's your birthday you know that everyone is going to focus on you right?" evelyn told her as they pulled up to their school.

brinnley looked at her confused. "why are they going to focus on me, not one person has ever said happy birthday to me since like kindergarten when they were forced to say it"

"yes but" amara started as she walked out of the car immediately followed by evelyn and brinnley. "you're forgetting your friends are famous so everyone wants to be your friend"

brinnley groaned and walked off back to the parking lot. "i hate this, fuck the quiz i'm going home"

"how? you don't have a car, clara was picked up by a friend, your mom and dad both work, and i'm not leaving just to drive you home i got stuff to do" amara said.

"ugh i hate attention now that's all i have, why do people care so much!" brinnley yelled as the three walked into the school.

"okay i get you are upset and all but we're inside the school now and if you don't want everyone to pay attention to you i suggest quieting down" evelyn suggested.

brinnley slowly nodded, quieted down and the three walked to evelyn's locker before they all went to class together. brinnley was quiet as she was nervous thst if she spoke someone would come up to her.

"why do you make us walk with you to your locker? you don't even use it so i don't get it" amara asked evelyn.

"i open my locker in the morning look like i'm putting something in it and i do the same thing when it's lunch and at the end of the day" evelyn told them.