53

Third Person

the group of friends soon arrived at the hotel they would be staying at for the next week. jonah being the responsible one for the week went to the front desk with jack to check them all in while the others waited and talked.

"so you promise you will go zip lining with us?" evelyn asked brinnley.

"yes ev i will go with you guys, my fear of heights will just have to step aside for a minute" brinnley smiled. she looked over her shoulder to see zach and clara talking and laughing at something they had said.

"can i tell you something?" brinnley asked evelyn looking back over to her as evelyn nodded. "well i kissed zach"

evelyn's jaw dropped, "what? when? why didn't you tell me?"

"i just did tell you" brinnley furrowed her eyebrows. "and i kissed him at the airport before we got into the car over here, so it just happened"

"wow" evelyn said in shock. "wait why did you kiss him exactly? i thought y'all were taking it slow"

"we are, or we were, i don't know" brinnley ran her hands through her hair. "but he asked me to kiss him so i just did. he just looked so cute and adorable so"

"simp" evelyn laughed earning a glare from brinnley. "sorry not the time. but you really are falling for him, and i don't know but it's nice to see you happy"

"and zach definitely makes you happy, so i say go for it brinnie. i know you're scared to try again but i really think zach is worth it" evelyn advised.

"but i already turned him down once he probably doesn't want that, i broke his heart without us ever officially dating. who does that?" brinnley stated.

"a girl that was hurting for over two years" evelyn voiced. "you went through so much in that time and it's not going to be easy. zach gets that brinn, he told you he would wait for you, he obviously wants to be with you"

brinnley looked back at zach who was already looking at her. they made eye contact until brinnley quickly looked away since she got nervous.

"that boy's in love with you and you know it" evelyn pointed out. "you also love him but you aren't ready to admit that yet"

"love is a strong word ev"

"it's the word that needs to be used" evelyn replied.

brinnley sighed, but before she could reply jack ran up to her and handed her the room key along with handing evelyn hers. as jack was about to step away he stopped when he noticed brinnley's face.

"did you kiss zach?" the boy questioned. "and when did you kiss zach?"

"i- boy the fuck" brinnley furrowed her eyebrows. "how did you even know that? i didn't tell you"

"you're making that face you make when you're confused about something and lately the only thing you're confused about is zach" jack explained. "ew literally i need to stop hanging out with you it's getting weird now"

"oh it's been weird, you can apparently read my mind and i'm turning into you" brinnley told him.

"do i even want to know what you mean by you're turning into him?" evelyn asked.

"i'm just gaining his stupid personality" brinnley shrugged as jack gasped.

"bro i do not have a stupid personality" jack defended.

"yes you do stupid" brinnley fought. "now will you excuse me i have to get my outfit ready for dinner tonight"

"but that's in like four hours!" jack said as he watched the girl walk off.