34

Third Person

after brinnley finished school she said bye to her friends who interrogated her all day on what the date was like, and quickly hopped into zach's car.

the ride to the studio was pretty short and when they arrived zach noticed how nervous brinnley was so he took her hand and made her look at him.

"i promise you'll be fine, it's nothing to be afraid okay?" he said rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb.

brinnley nodded as zach then leant in and kissed her on her cheek and then once on her lips before getting out of the car with brinnley following his actions.

"hey um before we walk in there can we talk about.. well whatever this is exactly?" brinnley asked nervously. "it's just we never talked about it so"

zach smiled a bit at brinnley's shyness. "i know but that's really up to you, whatever you want this to be, i know that i like you so it's up to you now"

"well i do like you" brinnley smiled. "but can we just take this slow because i don't know if i'm ready for a relationship yet"

zach nodded, "yeah i'm okay with that"

the two then walked into the studio with big smiles on their faces. when the rest of the boys saw them walk in the all furrowed their eyebrows at them.

"why are you two smiling like that?" daniel asked.

"yeah it's creepy stop it" jonah stated.

"us smiling is creepy?" brinnley asked raising her eyebrows.

the four nodded and said "yes" in unison.

"y'all are weird but whatever" zach said rolling his eyes as he and brinnley sat down on the couch next to each other. zach wrapped his arm around brinnley's shoulder while she leant into his side, the boys noticed but decided to ignore it.

"so brinn you excited to get started?" jack asked the girl smiling.

brinnley shrugged slightly, "i'm really nervous i'll fuck this up but i'm excited to work with you guys"

"you'll be fine, especially since it's just us, we got you brinn" corbyn reassured her.

"if y'all think so then let's get started" brinnley said. she stood up from the couch to a chair next to jack looking at the computer.

"okay so do y'all have the song lyrics done and a beat ready or do we need to do any of that?" she asked.

"we have a beat already programmed in there and we have a song ready" daniel explained causing brinnley to nod.

"okay what's the file called?" brinnley asked scrolling through.

"it's uh cool beat..." corbyn said in a hushed tone.

brinnley looked up from the from the computer at the five boys who looked at the floor or at the wall or just around the room in general.

"cool- cool beat?"

"shut up okay we couldn't figure out a name" jonah folded his arms.

"so you named it cool beat?" brinnley laughed. "okay then whatever y'all say"

"okay i found it!" brinnley pressed it and then started to listen to the beat for a while. "oh wait this will be easy since you have a basic drum pattern going on here"

"isn't that what i said! and all of you called me stupid" jack cried.

"that's because you are stupid" zach said.