Part 30: Final Battle

Soundwave pauses as he takes a deep breath and then speaks to Megatron.

Soundwave: "You are... telling the truth as well."

Soundwave shudders for a moment as he falls to his knees, overcome with grief.

Soundwave: (pleading) "I'm sorry Megatron, I should have never have doubted you, but I needed to know for sure!"

Megatron: (putting an arm on his shoulder) "I don't blame you for anything. You had every right to assume I could do such a thing. Though there are several flaws in your theory."

Soundwave: "There are?"

Megatron: "Indeed. Let's begin with you. You are immensely powerful correct?"

Soundwave: "Correct."

Megatron: "Wouldn't you say your abilities are quite unique and useful to the Decepticon cause?"

Soundwave: "Of course."

Megatron: "And wouldn't you agree that all of your people had extraordinary abilities like you?"

Soundwave: "Yes."

Megatron: "Then ask yourself this: Seeing that having your people on my side would have won the war in our favor eons ago, then why would I kill them off just so I could have one?"

Soundwave: "Your point is completely sound."

Megatron: "Imagine if I had ten of you with me, or a hundred. This war would have been won a long time ago had they been around, and I have one final point for you."

Soundwave: "And that is?"

Megatron: "Would it make any sense for the one who tried to end your people's struggles from being discriminated from the rest of the planet and create a peaceful equality among them to have them killed?"

Soundwave: "No... how foolish I have been."

Megatron: "We will find whoever did this, be it Autobot or Decepticon."

Soundwave: "So many questions unanswered, and I'm still no closer than when I started looking."

Megatron: (smiling) "You can at least cross me off your list."

Rumble: "I knew you didn't do it Megatron."

Frenzy: "Yeah it was probably Payload, he sucks."

Soundwave: (getting up) "You are right, but what will be do with Optimus?"

Megatron: "What we originally intended for him, he is our enemy yes?"

Soundwave: "Correct."

Megatron: "It was nice knowing you Optimus, but I have much bigger plans for humanity."

Before anything could happen, a miracle occurred. Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, Jazz, Cliffjumper, and Ironhide leap off a building doing a battle cry and going guns blazing. Megatron and Soundwave are forced to step back, getting Optimus the chance he needs and shoots both of them, and now it's a true war in this confined area. Ace finally lands on the ground and reunites with Tyrone.

"I did it man, I beat Thundercracker!"

"You know that's great man, but we got even bigger problems than your ego trip!"

"What might that be?"

"There's a scary looking Decepticon that's been giving Prime a run for his money."

"Oh boy, we better get started then."

"Oh hell no! I'm not getting involved with this you crazy son of a-"

Jazz comes through being chased by Laserbeak, who is shooting at the small Autobot.

Jazz: "Jane stop this crazy thing!"

Tyrone: "...Now I'm getting involved!"

Ace: "Let's lock and load."

The two come in guns blazing as we see the battle in full force. Megatron and Soundwave fight Optimus again clashing swords and guns. Ironhide tackles Frenzy, and the two wrestle on the ground. Bumblebee and Sideswipe double team Rumble, beating him around, but Bumblebee's injury puts strain on him again and Rumble kicks him down, and Sideswipe hits him with his blades. Cliffjumper is being attacked by Ravage, who is shooting him in the back. As Ravage leaps at Cliffjumper just as he takes out his energy sword to knock him away. Laserbeak grabs Jazz with his talons and grinds him on the side of a building as he flies higher and higher. Ace and Tyrone shoot Laserbeak until Tyrone gets a good shot into his wing, forcing him to drop Jazz, and it's a 20 foot drop at that.

Tyrone: (screaming crazy) "Get your ruffled feathery ass off my friend!"

Ace: "That's the spirit!"

Jazz falls onto the floor and slowly gets up dazed and staggering.

Jazz: "That felt like falling on truck."

Tyrone: "Thought you were tougher than that."

Jazz: "I am, but I'm ready to admit I get scared sometimes."

Laserbeak returns screeching at the three heroes as he covers the street with bullets, forcing them to flee.

Tyrone: "Now you got me scared!"

Ironhide and Frenzy continue their struggle until Frenzy gets kicked off by Ironhide. He does a roll to regain his footing as Ironhide gives Frenzy a reality check.

Ironhide: "It's no use Frenzy, your firepower is no match for mine!"

Frenzy: "Oh yeah, watch this!"

Frenzy unleashes a gatling gun from behind his back that goes over his head. Ironhide's eyes open wide as he gets riddled with bullets. Rumble knocks Bumblebee back and takes out his guns to shoot at Sideswipe, who runs to a wall for cover. Sideswipe steps out and shoots Rumble with his pulse pistols, and knocks him down. Ironhide and Frenzy trade punches with each other while Ravage tackles Cliffjumper, who screams like a small child. Tyrone and Ace come in guns blazing while Laserbeak continues to shoot at them. Wheejack decides to go help Optimus against Megatron and Soundwave. He opens with a jumping slash that cuts Megatron right across the chest. Megatron tries to shoot Wheeljack, but he slides in between his legs and shoots him several times in the back. Optimus comes in and stabs Megatron in the shoulder and shoots him into a wall. Now the two focus on Soundwave, and he sends his tentacles to attack, and Optimus and Wheejack cut of several with their swords. Optimus takes the front while Wheeljack goes in from behind, but Soundwave pays little to no attention to him as a tentacle slams him into a window as he leaps for an attack.

Soundwave: "You die here Optimus!"

They clashes swords again, and Optimus gets stabbed in the shoulder, and then Soundwave stabs him dangerously close to the neck with his arm blade. Wheeljack jumps out of the wall to attack Soundwave, but a tentacle grabs him and throws him across the street.

Wheel: "This was a bad idea!"

Optimus has enough and headbutts Soundwave, forcing him to remove his blades, Megatron comes in, but Optimus picks him up and throws him into Soundwave. Optimus brings on the heavy firepower, putting blasts through both of them, but now Soundwave has reached his point of true power.

Soundwave: "Megatron, stay behind me, and all of you except Ravage return to me!"

Rumble, Frenzy, and Laserbeak all return inside of Soundwave while he is charging something inside his body. Optimus's eyes widen in fear as he knows what it is.

Prime: (panicking) "Autobots, fall back, fall back!"

Everyone starts to run away as we see Soundwave unleashes a full blast of his ultrasonics, and it's like a wrath of a god. A blue wave of pure energy and sound goes four hundred feet in a 360 degree radius. Humans that were near Soundwave when he first sent it out explode instantly, and buildings windows shatter as several buildings begin to crumble. Chip is near some of the debris as some falls on him. Wheeljack screams out his name and attempts to rescue him, but Ravage launches a missile at a wall to cover him with debris as well. Everyone else gets caught on the edge of the blast and gets damaged and blown away a bit. Nobody seems to have enough energy to fight anymore, and are about ready to accept their fates.

Cliff: "Well its been really nice knowing you guys, I've learned to love all of you, even if one of you is a traitor."

Jazz: "You really know how to lighten up the mood Cliff."

Cliff: "I'm just being realistic here, we're going to die alone and afraid here."

Side: (rolling his eyes) "I'll write that on my obituary."

Bee: "I guess it all ends here."

Longarm: "Please tell me you have a plan Optimus."

Prime: (lowering his head) "Sadly I do not. It has been an honor to serve alongside all of you."

Ironhide: "You can't be serious, there must be something we can do."

Prime: "All that we can do now is buy our human allies enough time to escape."

Optimus slowly gets up and starts sending a barrage of bullets at Soundwave, and then he notices something. The more bullets and missiles fired at Soundwave, the closer it gets to him. The cogs begin turning as an idea forms in his head.

Prime: (sharply) "Ironhide, take out your Heavy Iron, Bumblebee, fire only your missiles, same with you Jazz, and Sideswipe, I need you to go into stealth force and hit him with everything you got."

Ironhide: "Got it."

Bee: "Alright!"

Cliff: "Never doubted you for a second!"

Longarm: "But you did just a sec-" (getting a hand put over his mouthplate)

Cliff: "Hush, you'll ruin the moment."

Everyone goes full auto on Soundwave, and he blocks it with his tractor beams. Though he starts to struggle until finally a light flashes and his beams overload, starting a huge explosion with him and Megatron both in the blast. Both of them get sent flying as Ravage shoots at the Autobots for cover fire. Megatron and Soundwave slowly get up, but both are in a terrible condition.

Megatron: "We got to get out of here, now."

Soundwave: "Agreed. Return Ravage!"

Ravage returns to Soundwave and the two transform and fly into the sky.

Ace: (on a comm link) "We need birds in the air now!"

Three human military jets pursue the duo furiously, and manage to separate the two. One goes after Soundwave while the other two chase Megatron.

Soundwave: "Soundwave to Skywarp, requesting a groundbridge immediately!"

Skywarp opens up a groundbridge for him, but the pilot launches a missile at Soundwave, and he crashes and bounces inside the Decepticon base as he is temporarily knocked out. Skywarp is displeased with this.

Skywarp: "This is terrible! You destroyed my lab Soundwave!"

The pilot goes back to help against Megatron. Megatron on the other hand can't shake them off. Megatron transforms and shoots one of the jets with his lightning cannon, causing it it explode. The other jet is bound and determined, and with launches a missile at Megatron. This missile is extraordinary, because it hits Megatron right it the best spot, and the lights in his eyes dim as he falls a very steep fall until he eventually crashes into the ground, and goes dark. Megatron is now dead. The other jet joins the other one to do a celebration.

Pilot: "Yeah baby that's how we do it! Nice shot."

Suddenly the jet locks on and blows up the other jet, and then speeds off. Then we slowly see it begin to glitch out, and it's Starscream who killed Megatron. Starscream's jet form is cracked and heavily damaged, looking like he's been to hell and back. But now he gloats to himself over his victory.

Scream: (triumphantly) "You were always meant to die by my hand Megatron, and now you've completed your destiny! I am the true leader of the Decepticons now! Hahahaha!"

And with that he flies off into the distance to parts unknown. Meanwhile all the Autobots and humans slowly get up and talking among themselves when Longarm finds the place where Wheeljack is and sees his scanner. He looks at it and sees the amazing discovery.

Longarm: (amazed) "You guys aren't going to believe this, but Megatron is dead!"