Chapter 29: Assassinating Roland

"-And that is the story of how me and Aurelia Hammerlock both killed a giant Kraggon called Iwajira." Angel just looked at my surprised for a moment before just saying "Wow, I didn't think you'd done so much in your life given how young you are." I tilted my head and said "I'm 23, I've spent the last four years being your bodyguard, I needed to have done at least some interesting things in my life, no offense."

That's right, it had been about four years since Handsome Jack assigned me as Angel's personal bodyguard, you see I found out why he kept her locked away, he was actually using Angel to charge the Vault Key and was pumping her full of Eridium.

Knowing this made me feel horrible, I don't know how anyone could do this to their daughter but, in this time period I had grown quite fond of Angel's company and I think the two of us had formed somewhat of a bond.

You maybe wondering why Handsome Jack had me guarding his daughter, even with all the security measures he already had in place. Well I didn't know for definite but my guess is that he was growing more and more paranoid, I guess he didn't quite trust all the security he had already established.

Speaking of Handsome Jack, as me and Angel were having another of our little talks, he came in announcing "Angel, Y/N, I'm here!" Both me and Angel stood up and approached him. He turned to me and said "I'm here to see Y/N. I have a little job for him. We'll catch up later Angel."

Angel looked somewhat angered but she tried to hide it. I asked "What is it you need sir." Handsome Jack turned to me "Well, I recently realized something after listening to one of those Crimson Raider propaganda broadcasts."

I questioned "What would that be?" Handsome Jack grinned "Those Crimson Raider Bandits think your dead, so here's what I'm thinkin', we can send YOU to Sanctuary. You tell them you have crucial information you wish to give in exchange for refuge and then when Roland meets you about said info, you kill him right where he stands! Sound good? Of course it does."

I just nodded and asked "Where do you suggest I start?" Handsome Jack responded coldly "I dunno. Just get it done." I just nodded again saying "Yes sir."

I said goodbye to Angel, being calm about it given that our closeness was a secret we couldn't let anyone know about. I exited the Bunker and headed over to the Fast Travel machine and headed back to the Crimson Enclave.

Once there I ordered my two Royal Guards to follow me once again, ignoring the fact that I had been gone for four years. With that we got in a Lancer and made our way to Three Horns Divide, the snowy area where Sanctuary was located.

Naturally when we arrived at the door, we found it already locked and sealed. However there was an intercom on the wall. I got out of the Lancer and pressed the button and the hologram of a man popped up. I recognized them as LT Davis who was one of the Crimson Lance in my command before his defection to the Crimson Raiders.

Image of LT (Lieutenant) Davis: