Omegaverse

Alpha's

Alpha's are the highest rank/type in the omegaverse. They are very protective of what's theirs and can be highly aggressive. In my world Alpha's can not get male omega's pregnant. They do go into ruts, but yeah, no male pregnancy's sorry. (Edit: I'm sooo sorry, but I did make it so that male pregnancy's happen ;-; it want with the story. But! There are no details about the pregnancy's what so ever. That's the glory of time skips :))

Beta's

Betas are basically your everyday human with some exceptions. One is that they have a very weak scent, they have one but their glands do not produce it as heavily as alphas or omegas

Omega's

They are the weakest in the omegaverse. They are seen as weak, and some people believe that they are just 'toys'. They have heats once a month. When they are in a heat they produce a slick, which is substance secreted by omegas when in heat. It is a very sweet smelling fluid that is semi-translucent. When tasted, it is very sweet. Slick is basically a form of self-lubrication for omegas.

Marking

Marking is where an alpha and omega bite the scent glands that their mate has. Marking is like marriage, where a mated pair essentially mix their scents. Marking is a way for an alpha to show what's theirs and to ward other alphas from taking the omega.

Heat

When in a heat a slick is produced and an omega is in a state of euphoria. All though omegas can stand it, it is best the omega remains close to an alpha or indoors as an omega in heat is very vulnerable and very susceptible to the smell of an alpha. Making it easy to take advantage of them.

Rut

A rut is the alphas version of a heat, except the alpha is highly aggressive and dominant during this. It is brought on when an omega triggers it through their heat, however it can happen naturally. They often seek an unclaimed omega to mate with.

Scent Glands

Glands are located in the wrists and junctures of the neck between the shoulder.  Scents also are a way of expressing ones distress, anger, and or arousal.