1

Chapter 1

"Your transcripts look good. I just need you to fill out the rest of this form then we can send you on your way Miss Galathynius." As I finished filling out the form, I looked out the secretary's window. It was a down pour. Getting to my dorms in this will be fun. "Here's a map and the keys to your dorm room. Please let us know if you need anything."

Unlikely. I got up and said, "Thank you."

Leaving Orynth is the best thing, I need to keep reminding myself as I walk across the Rifthold College Campus. Everything was in the past. No one will know me here. Hopefully.

Pushing back old memories of a brown eyed man I opened my the door to my room. The room was fairly clean. One of the desks had papers and school books on it. Bed was neatly made. No one was there though. So that gave me time to check my surroundings. Well, more like being nosey. The dorm was spacious, with a little kitchennet off to the corner, and the bathroom surprsingly had a tub.

The girls clothing was very modest. Nothing to daring. What a shame we couldnt share clothes like typical girls do. She didn't have that many books anywhere either. What does she do with her time?

As I was settling my clothes into the extra dresser the door opened. A very petite woman walked in with her back facing me, her long black hair was in a French braid. Following after her was a tall dark sulking brute of a man. He went to lift her into his hands before he spotted me. We a grim face he looked toward the young lady. "Elide, looks like you finally got a roommate."

She turned, her face beat red. Slow recognition donned on her face. "Aelin? Aelin is that really you?"

"Oh my gods. Elide. I—"

"Where the hell have you been? What happened to you? We were all so worried"

I looked at the sulking brute, "I can't talk about anything with him." Turing back to Elide. "I'm sorry, I know you must have questions but there are somethings I can't talk about. But I'll answer to the best way I can."

"Lorcan, I'll text you later, okay? I need to catch up with Aelin." She kisses the man named Lorcan as he grumbled something, glared at me, and walked out.

"So, what happened to you? I haven't seen you since junior year of high school. Aedion said he received very vague letters from you every so often. Just to show you were alive."

She looked at me face and instantly understood before the words came out of my mouth.

"Arobynn found me again."